Subscriber and Registered User Agreement
This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions which apply to the use by you of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site (as defined below) and any other subscription product or service offered for sale by Adjunct Advocate Inc. and/or its affiliates (collectively, “Adjunct Advocate Inc.”). The right to use any product or service offered by Adjunct Advocate Inc. is personal to you and is not transferable to any other person or entity.
The “Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site” shall mean all areas and any subscription or other paid products and services offered or available on the interactive on-line service operated by Adjunct Advocate Inc. on the World Wide Web. The Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site consists of information services and content provided by Adjunct Advocate Inc., affiliates of Adjunct Advocate Inc. and third parties. The term “Community Areas” means the bulletin boards, chat rooms and other user participatory areas on the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site.
Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right at any time to change or discontinue any aspect or feature of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site including, but not limited to, the Community Areas, content, hours of availability, and equipment needed for access or use. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including but not limited to, posting on the Community Areas a revised version of this Agreement or notification by electronic mail. Any use by you of the Community Areas after such notice shall conclusively be deemed to be acceptance by you of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions. You agree to review the terms and conditions of this Agreement periodically to be aware of such revisions.
- Use of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site and the Community Areas.
- The Community Areas shall be used for lawful purposes only. No material shall be posted on or transmitted through the Community Areas which violates or infringes in any way upon the rights of others, which is unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, vulgar, obscene, profane, indecent or otherwise objectionable, which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, gives rise to civil liability or otherwise violates any law. No conduct shall be undertaken that, in the Adjunct Advocate Inc.’s judgment, restricts or inhibits any other user from using or enjoying the Community Areas. Advertising or commercial solicitation may be posted on or transmitted through the Community Areas but only by the Adjunct Advocate Inc.
- The Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site and the Community Areas contain copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information including text, software, photos, video, graphics, music and sound, and the entire contents of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site are copyrighted as a collective work under the United States copyright laws. Adjunct Advocate Inc. is the owner of the copyright in the entire Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site. Adjunct Advocate Inc. owns a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such content, as well as in the content original to it. Each third party content provider owns the copyright in content original to it. You may not modify, publish, transmit, display, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works, or in any way exploit the content of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site or any portion of it. Except as otherwise expressly permitted under copyright law, you may not copy, redistribute, publish, display or commercially exploit any material from the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site without the express permission of Adjunct Advocate Inc. and the copyright owner. In the event of any permitted copying, redistribution or publication of material from the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site, no changes in or deletion of author attribution, trademark, legend or copyright notice shall be made. You acknowledge that you do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading copyrighted material.
- You shall not upload, post or otherwise make available on the Community Areas any material protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. You are responsible for determining that such material is not protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right. You shall be solely liable for any damages resulting from any infringement of copyright, trademark or other proprietary right, or any other harm resulting from any uploading, posting or submission.
- You hereby grant to Adjunct Advocate Inc., and its respective affiliates worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display any message posted in the Community Areas and/or any e-mail sent by you to Adjunct Advocate Inc. (in whole or in part) and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or later developed.
- You may not (i) select or use a member name or e-mail address of another person with the intention of impersonating that person; (ii) use a member name or e-mail address of anyone else without authorization; (iii) use a member name in violation of the intellectual property rights of any person; or (iv) use a member name that Adjunct Advocate Inc. considers to be offensive.
- You shall provide Adjunct Advocate Inc. with accurate, complete and updated information provided by you at the time of registration.
- The Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site contains links to other Web sites, resources and advertisers. Adjunct Advocate Inc. is not responsible for the availability of these external sites nor does it endorse or is it responsible for the contents, advertising, products or other materials made available on or through such external sites. Under no circumstances shall Adjunct Advocate Inc. be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damage caused or alleged to have been caused to a user in connection with the use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such external site. You should direct any concerns to such external site’s administrator or webmaster.
- You shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware and other equipment needed for access to and use of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site and Community Areas and all charges related thereto.
- The foregoing provisions of this Section 3 are for the benefit of Adjunct Advocate Inc., its affiliates, third party content providers and licensors, and each shall have the right to assert and enforce such provisions directly on its own behalf.
- Adjunct Advocate Inc. has carefully designed the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site with the purpose of delivering certain content to users in a particular format and with a particular appearance. No third party shall have the right to utilize the content of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site in any way that interferes with that purpose. In particular, Adjunct Advocate Inc. prohibits any party from displaying the content on the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site in any format where third party advertising or other materials that Adjunct Advocate Inc. did not authorize is viewed or viewable together with Adjunct Advocate’s proprietary content.
Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right, but not the obligation, to monitor the content of the Community Areas to determine compliance with this Agreement and any other operating rules that may be established by Adjunct Advocate Inc. from time to time. Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right in its sole discretion to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on the Community Areas. Without limiting the foregoing, Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right, but not the obligation, to remove any material that Adjunct Advocate Inc., in its sole discretion, finds to be in violation of the provisions hereof, otherwise objectionable or stale. Notwithstanding this right of Adjunct Advocate Inc., users shall remain solely responsible for the content of their messages. You acknowledge and agree that neither Adjunct Advocate Inc. nor any of its affiliates shall assume or have any liability for any action or inaction by Adjunct Advocate Inc. with respect to any conduct within the Community Areas or any communication or posting on the Community Areas.
- Disclaimer of Warranty; Limitation of Liability
- YOU EXPRESSLY AGREE THAT USE OF THE COMMUNITY AREAS AND THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITES IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. NEITHER ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC., ITS AFFILIATES NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE; NOR DO THEY MAKE ANY WARRANTY AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF THE TIME INC. SITES OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY OR CONTENT OF ANY INFORMATION, SERVICE OR PRODUCTS PROVIDED THROUGH THE SITES OR THE COMMUNITY AREAS.
- THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITES AND THE COMMUNITY AREAS ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS”, “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- THE DISCLAIMERS OF LIABILITY CONTAINED IN THIS SECTION 5 APPLY TO ANY DAMAGES OR INJURY CAUSED BY ANY FAILURE OF PERFORMANCE, ERROR, OMISSION, INTERRUPTION, DELETION, DEFECT, DELAY IN OPERATION OR TRANSMISSION, COMPUTER VIRUS, COMMUNICATION LINE FAILURE, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OR UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, ALTERATION OF, OR USE OF RECORD, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORTIOUS BEHAVIOR, NEGLIGENCE, OR UNDER ANY OTHER CAUSE OF ACTION. YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT TIME INC. IS NOT LIABLE FOR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES AND THAT THE RISK OF INJURY FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
- IN NO EVENT WILL ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. OR ANY PERSON OR ENTITY INVOLVED IN CREATING, PRODUCING OR DISTRIBUTING THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE OR OUT OF THE BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY. YOU HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THE PROVISIONS OF THIS SECTION 5 SHALL APPLY TO ALL CONTENT ON THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE AND/OR THE COMMUNITY AREAS. ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC.’S LIABILITY TO USERS, IF ANY, SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT PAID TO ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC.
- ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. NEITHER ENDORSES NOR IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY OPINION, ADVICE OR STATEMENT ON THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE, NOR FOR ANY OFFENSIVE, DEFAMATORY OR OBSCENE POSTING MADE ON THE COMMUNITY AREAS BY ANYONE OTHER THAN AUTHORIZED ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. EMPLOYEE SPOKESPERSONS WHILE ACTING IN THEIR OFFICIAL CAPACITIES. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY YOUR RELIANCE ON INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH EITHER THE CONTENT ON THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE AND/OR ANY POSTINGS ON THE COMMUNITY AREAS. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO EVALUATE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT AVAILABLE THROUGH THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE AND/OR THE COMMUNITY AREAS. PLEASE SEEK THE ADVICE OF PROFESSIONALS, AS APPROPRIATE, REGARDING THE EVALUATION OF ANY SPECIFIC INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO FINANCIAL, HEALTH, OR LIFESTYLE INFORMATION, OPINION, ADVICE OR OTHER CONTENT.
- ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. DOES NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED THROUGH THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE AND WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY MONITOR ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT,YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE. ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. MAKES PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPLIED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- PRIOR TO THE EXECUTION OF A PURCHASE OR SALE OF ANY SECURITY OR INVESTMENT, YOU ARE ADVISED TO CONSULT WITH YOUR BROKER OR OTHER FINANCIAL ADVISOR TO VERIFY PRICING AND OTHER INFORMATION. NEITHER TIME INC. NOR ITS THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY FOR INVESTMENT DECISIONS BASED UPON, OR THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM, THE CONTENT PROVIDED HEREIN. NEITHER ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. NOR ITS THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS GUARANTEE OR WARRANT THE TIMELINESS, SEQUENCE, ACCURACY, OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY SUCH INFORMATION. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. SITE SHALL BE CONSTRUED AS INVESTMENT ADVICE. ADJUNCT ADVOCATE INC. IS NOT A REGISTERED BROKER-DEALER OR INVESTMENT ADVISOR AND DOES NOT GIVE INVESTMENT ADVICE OR RECOMMEND ONE PRODUCT OVER ANOTHER.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Adjunct Advocate Inc., its affiliates and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of the use by you of the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site and/or the Community Areas.
Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement with respect to any user which Adjunct Advocate Inc., in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of this Agreement. The provisions of Sections 5, 6, 7, 8 and 10 shall survive termination of this Agreement.
All trademarks appearing on the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site are the property of their respective owners, including, in some instances, Adjunct Advocate Inc.
- Subscription Services; Products.(a) Subscription Services. Adjunct Advocate Inc. makes available to users certain on-line subscription services, and other paid services and products. The following terms and conditions shall apply in the event that you subscribe to any subscription service or services offered by Adjunct Advocate Inc. on the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site (the “Subscription”):
- Subscription Terms. The Subscription will continue until Adjunct Advocate Inc. receives notification of termination from you as described in subsection C below. You authorize Adjunct Advocate Inc. to charge to the credit card account designated during the registration process the current fees and charges for each term according to the subscription plan chosen by you. If you accepted an offer that included a free trial period, your credit card account will not be charged until after the end of the free trial period. If you ordered in response to a free trial period offer, you may cancel the subscription process and avoid a charge to your credit card. You are responsible for any charges associated to connecting to the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site, including but not limited to, any telephone line charges or any Internet access provider charges. You shall provide Adjunct Advocate Inc. with accurate, complete and updated information as to your name and e-mail address and credit card account information provided by you at registration. Failure to do so shall constitute a breach of this Agreement.
- Changed Terms. Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right at any time to impose, change or modify its fees and billing methods, or other terms and conditions applicable to your use of the Subscription or to impose new terms and conditions. Such changes, modifications, additions or deletions shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by means including, but not limited to, posting on the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site a revised version of this Agreement or notification by electronic or conventional mail. If any such change is unacceptable to you, you may terminate your Subscription as provided in subsection C below. Any use of the Subscription by you after such notice shall conclusively be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such changes, modifications, additions or deletions. You agree to review the terms and conditions periodically to be aware of such revisions. You may also be subject to additional terms and conditions imposed by third party content providers in connection with third party content, software or services.
- Termination. Either you or Adjunct Advocate Inc. may terminate this Agreement at any time. Your only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with (i) any terms and conditions of this Agreement, or policy or practice of Adjunct Advocate Inc. in operating the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site and/or the Community Areas, (ii) content available through the Subscription or change therein, or (iii) amount or type of fees or billing methods, or change therein, is to terminate this Agreement by sending notice to the Adjunct Advocate by e-mail. Notice of termination will be effective upon receipt by Adjunct Advocate Inc. Without limiting the foregoing, Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall have the right to immediately terminate this Agreement with respect to any user which Adjunct Advocate Inc., in its sole discretion, considers to be unacceptable, or in the event of any breach by you of this Agreement. In the event that your account is terminated or canceled, no refund of any fees will be granted. The provisions of Sections 5, 6, 7, 8 and this Section 10 shall survive termination of this Agreement. Fees paid for any Subscription are paid in advance and are not refundable in whole or in part, provided, however, that in the event of termination by Adjunct Advocate Inc. for any reason other than breach of this Agreement by you or termination by you in accordance with this subsection C of this Agreement in which you identify the termination as resulting from changed terms, Adjunct Advocate Inc. shall make a pro rata refund to you.
(b) Products and Other Services. With respect to products and services offered for sale by Adjunct Advocate Inc. and third parties or through the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site: you shall be informed of all terms of the offer, including but not limited to pricing, methods of payment, shipping and handling, credit card information, sales tax, return and refund policies and applicable privacy policies on the screen where you make the purchase.
This Agreement and any operating rules for the Adjunct Advocate Inc. Site and the Community Areas established by Adjunct Advocate Inc. constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersede all previous written or oral agreements between the parties with respect to such subject matter. This Agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan, without regard to its conflict of laws rules. No waiver by either party of any breach or default hereunder shall be deemed to be a waiver of any preceding or subsequent breach or default. The section headings used herein are for convenience only and shall not be given any legal import.