Associate/Full Professor Contractually Limited Term Appointment: Leadership Education in Engineering
The Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering is searching for a faculty member in the field of Leadership Education in Engineering to be appointed to the Institute for Leadership Education in Engineering (ILead). The appointment will be for a five year Contractually Limited Term Appointment (CLTA) at the rank of Associate Professor or Professor commencing after July 1, 2018. The incumbent will also be appointed Director, Institute for Leadership Education in Engineering (ILead) to serve concurrently.
The ideal candidate will have an established reputation for excellence in scholarship or professional achievement. This may be demonstrated either by i. a record of sustained contributions and publications in top-ranked and field-relevant journals and presentations at significant conferences or ii. by a strong record of professional innovation, exemplary professional practice, or significant contributions to or leadership in the development of professional practice. In either case, strong endorsements by referees of high standing must speak to their achievement. The successful candidate will be expected to maintain an innovative, competitive and independently funded research program and/or a significant and impactful program of creative professional activity within the field. Additionally, the successful candidate must demonstrate teaching excellence at both the undergraduate and graduate program levels. Evidence of excellence in teaching will be demonstrated through a teaching dossier that provides evidence of teaching accomplishments, the statement of teaching philosophy, and experience leading successful workshops or seminars, mentorship, or excellent conference presentations or posters.
Rank and salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply online by following this link: https://utoronto.taleo.net/careersection/10050/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800346&tz=GMT-04%3A00. All application materials should be submitted online, and will include:
1. A cover letter discussing the candidate’s appropriateness for the position
2. A curriculum vitae, including all positions held and evidence of excellence such as awards and commendations for scholarly and/or professional work and accomplishments
3. Representative examples of scholarly and/or professional work such as publications, patents, reports etc
4. A summary of leadership experience and practice with evidence of excellence
5. A statement of leadership and leadership-teaching philosophy in an engineering context
6. A statement of objectives for the deepening of understanding of, and continued development of, engineering leadership in the workplace and in the classroom
7. A teaching dossier including a teaching philosophy and record of engagement in teaching related activities including workshops and mentorship
Submission guidelines can be found at http://uoft.me/how-to-apply. We recommend combining attached documents into one or two files in the PDF format.
Candidates must arrange to provide three letters from referees of high standing that testify to the excellent record of leadership and scholarly and/or professional accomplishments of the candidate and their ability to teach others. Letters are to be sent directly by referees to Professor Doug Reeve via email at mailto:email@example.com?subject=Associate/ Full Professor CLTA - Leadership Education in Engineering. The letters should be received by the closing date.
Applications will begin to be reviewed on June 15, 2018 but the search will continue until the position is filled.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply; however, Canadians and Permanent Residents will be given priority.
This Ad has been viewed 24 times.