The American Psychological Association is looking for an enthusiastic books marketing leader who can unleash the potential of our line of children’s books, Magination Press, and optimize sales of our award-winning books for psychologist researchers and practitioners. If you have a track record of success in trade book marketing, particularly children’s trade, and if you’re well-versed in the latest techniques for driving book sales via impactful social media, keyword optimization and content marketing, we need you to be the leader of our books marketing team focused on individual consumers and psychologists. Your success will be APA’s success, as we continue our efforts to advance psychological science and education, to advocate for affordable health and mental health care, and to promote legislative actions that empower vulnerable communities.
Education and Experience:
• A master’s degree or MBA is required (or 10+ years of equivalent experience).
• Minimum of 7+ years of marketing and brand management experience in an organization that publishes books sold to individuals.
• Children’s educational and/or trade book marketing experience.
• Deep understanding of the issues impacting print and digital book buying behavior.
• Deep experience in the techniques of understanding customers and users, including needs-based segmentation, persona development and journey mapping.
• Significant experience developing content marketing that both creates awareness and identifies leads.
• Experience using publicity and social media to engage a target audience, create awareness and validate a brand.
• Experience managing teams of high performing professional staff.
• Experience managing and tracking marketing and promotional expenses and effectiveness.
• Develop and execute the go-to-market strategy for APA books sold to researchers, professionals and consumers. This includes APA’s line of children’s books, Magination Press.
• Understand the way APA products solve market problems. Create internal positioning documents that will be used to develop external value proposition messages focused on each key buyer or persona. Connect the value proposition to the APA brand.
• Research and document the buying process that individuals use to purchase books. Understand the barriers that these individuals encounter during their selection process and the differentiators that make a book more likely to be purchased. Define the archetypical buyers involved in the purchasing process.
• Develop and execute the strategies and tactics for generating sales each fiscal quarter, including key programs and events with measurements and goals.
• Develop and execute a strategy to improve search ranking and sales on Amazon.com, including keyword optimization and PPC.
• Publicity: creatively drive media engagement to broaden consumer awareness.
• Leverage relationships with distributors to drive the availability of APA books and to drive sales.
Qualified candidates must apply online through APA’s applicant system and attach a cover letter and resume specifying your salary expectations. Applications that are submitted without both documents are considered incomplete and will not be reviewed for consideration. Once your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email. Please make sure to check your Spam folder if you do not receive an email from us.
This Ad has been viewed 131 times.