Contact Academic English Program Coordinator, Philip Montgomery
Astana, Astana, Kazakhstan
Due to expansion, Nazarbayev University Graduate School of Education (NUGSE) is recruiting Academic English Instructors. Positions are available from August 1, 2019.
Qualified educators interested in working with highly motivated and accomplished students in an innovative, collaborative, research-oriented environment are strongly encouraged to apply. Experience working with postgraduate research students and working in Online/Blended Learning contexts is definitely an advantage.
Responsibilities of the Academic English Instructor position include:
· design and teach Academic English courses appropriate for postgraduate research students;
· teach in Electronic Learning Environments and conventional face-to-face contexts;
· provide consultations, tutoring and other writing support activities (Writing Center);
· collaborate with other NUGSE faculty to align work with students' course and program learning needs;
· plan and implement NUGSE professional development activities;
· participate in committees/general meetings at School and University levels;
· contribute to the wider Kazakhstani education community through scholarly/professional activities (e.g., publications/conferences/workshops/seminars).
· Master's or Ph.D. degree in TESOL (or related field);
· Relevant experience working with university students (postgraduate research students preferred);
· Relevant experience working with ESOL students;
· Relevant experience in the field of Academic English/Academic Literacies;
· Capacity for working in an online context (synchronous and asynchronous).
Conditions of Employment:
The appointment is a 1-year renewable contract subject to annual performance reviews. An attractive remuneration package for international faculty members includes:
· internationally competitive salary;
· annual holiday leave of 56 calendar days;
· two flights for the appointee and dependents to home country per year;
· international health insurance;
· rent-free apartment for the appointee and dependents; and
· relocation allowance including air fares for the appointee and dependents.
To apply, please send a cover letter and detailed CV, together with the names and contact details of two referees, to the Hiring Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than December 31, 2018. Skype interviews for shortlisted applicants will be scheduled during February-March 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. Interested candidates are encouraged to find out more about NUGSE at gse.nu.edu.kz. Informal enquiries about this post can be addressed to the Academic English Program Coordinator, Philip Montgomery, at email@example.com.
This Ad has been viewed 75 times.