We are looking for talented writers who are ready to research and write articles for our higher education news site, AdjunctNation.com. This is a great opportunity to write for a leading higher education resource that focuses on the professional needs, interests and concerns of the nation's 1 million non-tenured college faculty.
This is an assignment and pitch-heavy gig. You will be expected to pitch ideas for articles and take assignments that are handed to you by our editors and run with them. If your ideas are good, we'll gladly accept your pitches. If you turn in good writing in a timely manner, we'll give you lots of assignments.
This is a paid, remote opportunity. Candidates will be compensated for their work on a per-article basis, based on the length of assignment and level of research required. Generally, pay runs from $125-$300 per article to start.
Here's what you'll need for us to trust you with assignments:
• Advanced, thorough writing and research skills.
• Writing chops that enable you to create an article about anything in a clear, informative, and engaging style.
• Deep interest and knowledge in specific higher education disciplines, teaching, and niche interests, so we can assign you articles about topics on which you’re an expert.
If this sounds exciting, here's what we need you to email to email@example.com:
• Cover letter giving examples of how you meet and exceed the qualifications listed above. And yes, we are looking at your cover letter to get an idea of your writing style, so smart, funny letters really stand out.
• One writing sample, journalistic long-form, since this is what we're looking for.
• 5 list ideas you would write for us.
• List of topics you are interested in writing about: please be as broad as possible, as we’re always looking for writers that have really unique interests.
• How many assignments you expect to be able to write for us per month, and please keep in mind that we are only looking for freelancers who have enough time to turn in no fewer than 2 assignments per month.
This Ad has been viewed 136 times.