Job Title: Elementary Education Adjunct Faculty - Online
Unit: National & Global
Department: School of Integrated Learning & Development - Education
Campus Location: Online
Summary of Position: The Education division is seeking qualified applicants for part-time, adjunct level teaching positions for undergraduate and graduate level Elementary Education courses. Adjunct faculty members are expected to create a learning experience for students to progress through the online course with instructor facilitation, support, and guidance. Additionally, adjunct faculty are expected to actively guide students through course materials, reinforce key concepts, and foster student engagement.Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Minimum: Master’s degree in Education or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Preferred: EdS or Doctorate in Education or a related discipline from an accredited university.
- Work Experience: At least three years of a successful teaching experience in an Elementary school classroom.
- Professional Credentials/License: Valid, but not necessarily current, Elementary teaching license.
- Higher Education Experience: Preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of online educational delivery tools.
- Demonstrated teaching abilities.
- Demonstrated higher education experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in using Microsoft products.
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learners
- Demonstrated a commitment to building and cultivating diversity through leadership, teaching and/or service.
IWU commits to create a community that reflects kingdom diversity. We will foster an intentional environment that exhibits honor, respect, and dignity. Acknowledging visible or invisible differences, our community authentically values each member’s earthly and eternal worth. We refute ignorance and isolation and embrace deliberate and courageous engagement.
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.