Adjunct Instructor of Digital Media
(Content Creation, Video Production, Sports Media, Communication)
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Tiffin University is seeking to fill an adjunct instructor position (part-time & on-campus) in Digital Media for campus-based day and evening classes in the School Creative and Media Arts. The position includes teaching face-to-face lecture courses and leading and managing media production lab classes. Candidates should have a master's degree in a communication field, a minimum of 18 credit hours of graduate work in communication, and/or demonstrated professional experience in media content creation, video production, sports communication or a related communication field.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Teaching lecture courses
- Facilitating media production courses
- Grading and providing detailed feedback on all assignments. This includes in-depth feedback specific to technical and creative skill, critical thinking and writing
- Actively responding to student emails and requests within 24 hours
- Communicate effectively with students via written, oral, and virtual modalities
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree in communication, journalism, media production or similar field. A master's degree or the completion of 18 graduate credit hours in a communication field is preferred.
- Five years of demonstrated professional experience in media content creation, video production, sports communication or a related communication field is required.
- Teaching experience is preferred.