Arts and Hospitality
- The College of the Florida Keys is seeking an adjunct instructor to teach Introduction to Humanities. This position will teach a 3-credit course at the Middle Keys Center.
- Examples of Duties
- Prepares, instructs, and grades all coursework and ensures use of appropriate testing and grading procedures.
- Effectively uses oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains regularly scheduled hours to provide instruction for assigned class meeting times, dates, and locations.
- Maintains records of student attendance.
- Maintains timely compliance with clerical and administrative responsibilities.
- Keeps current in the program area taught.
- Assists in College recruitment and retention efforts, as appropriate.
- Other related duties as assigned.
(These essential job functions are not to be construed as a complete statement of all duties performed. Employees will be required to perform other job-related marginal duties as required.)
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Understanding of, and commitment to, Equal Access/Equal Opportunity.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of College mission, policies, procedures, and services.
- Proficient in the use of technology.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively to meet the needs of diverse student populations.
Education and Qualifications:
- Master's degree or a master's degree with at least 18 graduate semester hours in Art History, Classics, Fine Arts, Languages and Literature, History, Comparative Studies, Music History, Philosophy or Religion.
- Prior teaching experience in higher education preferred.
- Experience using Canvas preferred.
(Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified individuals with a disability.)
Equity Officer: Jose A. Reyes, Assistant Director, Talent Acquisition, Development and Accountability, (305) 809-3118 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Title IX Coordinator: Naomi Walsh, Assistant to the Vice President, Advancement and Enrollment, (305) 809-3198 or email@example.com
Disability Services: Katie Norland, Director, Student Success Services, (305) 809-3181 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Mailing Address: The College of the Florida Keys, 5901 College Road, Key West, FL 33040