Join Athens Technical College!
Thank you for considering Athens Technical College as a potential employer. Athens Technical College is a multi-campus, two-year degree granting institution, a unit of the Technical College System of Georgia, and is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, GA 30033; 404-679-4500) to award the associate degree. Inquiries to the Commission should relate only to the college's accreditation status and not to general admission information.
Athens Technical College in Athens, Georgia seeks an Adjunct Instructor to teach courses in the Cosmetology Program, offered at all Athens Technical College campuses. The Adjunct Instructor is responsible to the Program Chair for the Cosmetology program.
The successful applicant will be expected to implement course materials that support stated initiatives and use appropriate techniques to provide students with the knowledge needed to achieve the learning outcomes for this course.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Applicants must be available to teach a morning class and/or afternoon class. This position requires using appropriate teaching, testing, and grading techniques; demonstrating current knowledge of the subject area; using effective written and oral communication skills; maintaining educational records; using technology appropriate to the subject taught; and evaluating students' progress in attaining goals and objectives.
Deadline to apply is September 26, 2022 at 4:00 pm.
- Associate degree
- Current valid Master Cosmetologist license in the state of Georgia
- Five (5) years' experience in the industry.
- Available to teach starting Fall Semester, August 2022
- Available to teach a day class and/or evening class
- Have experience teaching in a Technical College
- 10 years' experience in the industry
To apply, click "Apply To This Job" and submit your cover letter, resume/vita, unofficial transcripts and three (3) professional references. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
NOTE: Official transcripts will be required upon an offer of employment. Official copies of transcripts must be sent directly to: Athens Technical College, Attn: Human Resources, 800 U.S. Highway 29 N, Athens, GA 30601 or electronically to email@example.com.
**Employment is contingent based upon successful completion of appropriate background checks.
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
As set forth in its student catalog, Athens Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, veteran status, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
The following individuals have been designated to coordinate the college's implementation of nondiscrimination policies:
- Jessica Felts, Director of Student Support Services, Section 504 and the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Coordinator, Office K-614A, 706/355- 5081 firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Sherri Heath, Director of Human Resources ; Title VI, Title VII, Title IX Coordinator (Employees), Office K-514, email@example.com, 706/583-2818; and
- Lenzy Reid, Vice President of Student Affairs, Title IX (Students) Office H-774, 706/355-5029, firstname.lastname@example.org, 800 U.S. Highway 29 North, Athens, GA 30601
• Title VI (Civil Rights) and Title VII (Employment Applicant Civil Rights): Director of Human Resources, Room 301, (706) 583-2818
• Title IX (Sex Equity): Director of Human Resources, Room 301, (706) 583-2818
• Section 504 (Persons with Disabilities) and ADA: Director of Student Support Services and Career Development, Room 211, (706) 355- 5081
Inquiries concerning the application of Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Section 504, and the Americans With Disabilities Act as related to the policies and practices of Athens Technical College may be addressed to the persons listed above: Athens Technical College, 800 U.S. Highway 29 North, Athens, GA 30601-1500.