Posted Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Purpose of Job
Adjunct faculty members are scheduled to teach courses on an as needed basis in the sphere of expertise and for which he/she has achieved and established academic qualifications.Scope of Responsibilities
Instruct and facilitate meaningful learning of the course competencies in the curriculum and proactively support all facets of the learning environment, as demonstrated by university prescribed assessments. Provide education through learning-centered instruction that will enable graduates to fulfill the evolving needs of the marketplace. Encourage a culture of learning that values mutual responsibility and respect, life-long learning and ethics as well as personal and professional development.Essential Job Functions
- Demonstrates commitment to teaching, supervision, and advising
- Delivers learning-centered instruction
- Conducts assessments of student and program learning outcomes
- Prepares for courses as needed, including completing required training/certification
- Terminal degree in Business or a master's degree with 18 graduate credits in the discipline.
- At least one year teaching experience at the university level.
- Working knowledge of common learning management systems.
- Proficiency with standard office applications on personal computers.
Licensing and Certifications
License or professional credential in relevant discipline (if applicable).Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge and ability to teach courses online, using learning management system, knowledge of the subject, skill in delivering the required knowledge and the ability to engender learning in students.
- Communication skills: Clearly conveys information and ideas to others both verbally and in writing.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness: Facilitates student success by setting goals and motivating students to achieve them, handles conflict in a constructive manner.
- Student Focused: Creates and/or implements student-focused processes or procedures.
- Professionalism: Participates in all activities in a collegial, ethical and responsible manner.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret academic material such as textbooks and journals
- Ability to respond to inquiries from students, staff and administration in a timely manner as stipulated.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Notice of Non-Discrimination
Alcorn State University is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Alcorn State University is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.