The Talent Acquisition department hires qualified candidates to fill positions which contribute to the overall strategic success of Howard University. Hiring staff "for fit" makes significant contributions to Howard University's overall mission.
Anticipated Start date: August 2022
School of Business and Department Description
Since its founding, The Howard University School of Business has been a model for higher education. With dynamic academic departments, ground-breaking centers of excellence, esteemed faculty, award winning programs, and over 8,000 alumni across the globe, the Howard University School of Business continues to be ranked among the top business programs in the nation. Students and faculty choose the Howard University School of Business because it provides in-depth classroom instruction, real-world experience, expert speakers from a range of backgrounds, access to global industry leaders and a commitment to research and publication. The graduate, undergraduate and programs of the School of Business are fully accredited by AACSB-International.
The Department of Management is one of the largest departments in the School of Business. Built upon a basic foundation of general education and the business core courses, the undergraduate program in management offers a broad-based professional education in management with a possible concentration entrepreneurship. The department is closely affiliated with the Marriott Sorenson Center for Hospitality Leadership that is set up as part of $20 million endowment. The Department of Management will be part of an innovative program that will foster leadership excellence and help drive greater inclusion at the most senior levels of the hospitality industry. We also expect many hospitality companies providing experiential opportunities to students in generating talent that will meet the needs of the industry well into the future.
Pay commensurate with qualifications, education & University guidelines.
Teaching in the School of Business in the area of Hospitality and Management
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Appointment as instructor is accorded to a person who holds appropriate academic or professional qualifications and gives promise of excellent teaching. The instructor is expected to be able to plan and conduct courses with little or no supervision. The instructor's chief responsibility consists of classroom instruction.
- Demonstrated potential for teaching proficiency
- Evidence of teaching and professional potential on the basis of past experience?
- Teaching proficiency on the basis of past experience and/or on the basis of teaching evaluations (student and peer).
- Master's degree in Hospitality Management or MBA with a strong focus on Hospitality Management from an AACSB accredited institution.
- Work experience or other related certifications.
- Teaching experience in a face-to-face and online environment.
- Full-time teaching assignments are made on an annual basis based on programmatic instructional needs (up to eight classes per academic year)
- Interest and qualifications in teaching in one or more of the following areas (Hospitality Management, Food Service Management, Hotel Motel Restaurant Management, Convention/Meeting Planning, Lodging and Property Management, Management & Organizational Behavior, and other related courses).
Email your cover letter and resume/CV to Dr. Subodh Kulkarni at email@example.com. Official transcripts, three letters of recommendation, and other documents are required before appointment. All positions are pending approval by the Office of the Provost and Office of the Dean budget.
COVID - 19 Vaccination Information:
All newly hired faculty, staff and student employees are required to vaccinate and to have proof of vaccination(s) upon their first day of employment. Please familiarize yourself with the University's COVID-19 vaccination requirements and verification policy.