Sewickley Academy seeks to hire a part-time teacher to teach AP Latin for the 2022-2023 academic year. The class meets five of every eight days for 65-minute periods.
ABOUT SEWICKLEY ACADEMY
As Pittsburgh's longest-standing independent coeducational school, Pre-K through Grade 12, Sewickley Academy is distinguished by not only its rigorous academics and outstanding faculty, but also by its approach to learning and teaching, in which every child is challenged to explore and excel to their highest ability.
Sewickley Academy faculty and staff help to create an environment of encouragement and support by inspiring students to reach their goals and develop a love of learning. We value and encourage different voices and opinions. Teachers work collaboratively and cross-departmental teamwork keeps us engaged in the success of our school as a whole.
- Prepare for and teach classes as assigned.
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the curriculum requirements.
- Effectively communicate course requirements, expectations, assignments, and grading policies.
- Administer and promptly grade all assessments.
- Maintain office hours for student consultations (before or after each block).
- Engage students in the acquisition of skills and presentation of content.
- Conduct meaningful and interesting class activities and discussions.
- Attend all meetings and events required of faculty members.
- A bachelor's degree in the Classics or a related field; advanced degree preferred.
- Three years of full-time teaching experience is preferred.
ARE YOU READY TO JOIN OUR TEAM?
All interested applicants applying for this position should submit their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements.
Sewickley Academy is committed to having an inclusive community where all members are treated with dignity and respect. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Academy does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices on the basis of gender/gender-identity, sex, race or ethnicity, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, veteran's status, genetic information, family or marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected class.