WORCESTER STATE UNIVERSITY is a liberal arts and sciences university with a long tradition of academic excellence dating back to 1874, as well as an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that seeks to reflect the diversity of its community. Our workforce is dedicated to academic quality, student-centered programming, engaged citizenship, open exchanges of ideas, diversity and inclusiveness, and civility and integrity. We are looking for job applicants who share these values and commitment to our students.
Worcester State is centrally located in Massachusetts, about an hour's drive from Boston, Springfield, and Providence, Rhode Island. Our 58-acre campus is nestled in the residential northwest side of Worcester--the second largest city in New England and home to 37,000 college students at more than a dozen colleges and universities. Over 6,000 of those students attend Worcester State--approximately 5,300 are undergraduates and 1,000 are graduate students. Learn more about us at worcester.edu/about.
Title: Digital Artist
Department: Latino Education Institute
Supervisor: Mary Jo Marion
SSTA Approver: Mary Jo Marion
General Statement of Duties:
Under the leadership of the Executive Director, the Digital Artist will help create promotional materials, contribute to the development of the LEI social platforms on REACH focus areas and able to combine illustrations, photography, and text to deliver a message to our target audience. Candidate will possess superb written and verbal communication skills, and have in-depth knowledge of marketing trends.
1. Provide professional translation and create print and electronic graphic and edit videos for the campaign to produce media and videos.
2. Produce bilingual messaging and materials that are culturally competent and accessible.
3. Create drafts of digital designs or illustrations for REACH focus campaigns.
4. Write content for both print and Web including the company website, blog, brochures, and newsletter.
5. Plan and implement a communications strategy.
6. Recommend techniques to improve the company's public image.
7. Assess and report on the effectiveness of communication strategies.
8. Attend LEI Meetings and contribute to the improvement of the project initiatives and meet with funders and/or partners to share the findings and data.
9. Assist in the overall sharing of data and reporting for the REACH projects.
10. Participate in required trainings, workshops, conferences or other aspects of professional development including funder sponsored events.
11. Other duties as assigned, including supporting other staff and representing the organization upon assignment.
1. Ability to communicate effectively to diverse audiences, both in writing and verbally.
2. Strong work ethic and commitment to positive youth development.
3. Success in prioritizing and meeting multiple demands and deadlines.
4. Strong organizational skills, including the ability to work collaboratively, manage own work and time, and be accountable for performance.
5. Alignment and agreement with the vision, mission, and values of the Latino Education Institute.
6. Reliable access to transportation and ability to work some evenings and weekends.
1. Bachelor's degree and/or 3 years of experience working with persons from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds
2. Ability to work productively in a fast-paced environment.
3. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary, cross-functional, and multi-cultural environment.
4. Bilingual in Spanish preferred
Worcester State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer which seeks to reflect the diversity of its community.
This is a part-time, non-benefited, hourly position.
Applicants must apply online at worcester.interviewexchange.com. A representative from the department will contact individuals for interviews.