University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
The Ila Faye Miller School of Nursing and Health Professions is seeking an experienced part-time faculty to teach in the Rehabilitative Services Program. The candidate will teach an undergraduate course in Rehabilitative Sciences related to healthcare informatics and evidence-based practice and will assist with additional courses as needed.
This position is considered a "Responsible Employee" under Title IX federal regulations and "Mandatory Reporter" under Texas state law and the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy. As a Mandatory Reporter, this position requires you, as the employee, to promptly report any incident that you witness or receive information about Title IX violations. These reporting responsibilities are set out in the UIW Sexual Misconduct Policy.
- Evaluation of student performance and mastery of proficiency through exams, papers, or other clinical assignments.
- Conduct and manage all commonly required instructional and administrative duties needed to complete the teaching and grading processes.
- Official duties and responsibilities of faculty members at the University include teaching, scholarship, service and professional activities. In all matters, faculty are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIWMission.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.
- Employee shall adhere to all applicable rules and regulations of the University, the Conference, and the NCAA.
Master's degree or higher in Physical Therapy, Medicine, Occupational Therapy, or related field.
Required Work Experience
Minimum one to three years professional experience.
- Two or more years of teaching experience at an institution of higher learning.
- Teaching experience in an online environment a plus.
Required Certifications, Licenses or Registrations
Based on course assignment.
Posting Number: UN628PO
Number of Vacancies: 1
Job Type: Part Time
Job Category: Faculty
Desired Start Date: 08/15/2022
Reports to: Dean of School of Nursing and Health Professions
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Open Date: 06/03/2022
Open Until Filled: Yes
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sex, gender, age, or religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University policy.