To receive consideration for employment, you must upload transcript(s) and a Resume/CV.
Posting closes on: 05/04/2022 at 6:00pm CST
The date after which applications are not guaranteed review is 05/04/2022.
San Antonio College is a Hispanic-Serving Institution with a population of approximately 20,000 students. 33% are Pell Grant recipients, 9% are veterans, 80% are enrolled part-time, and 60% are female. We serve 62% Latinx, 24% White, 8% Black or African American, 3% Asian, and 3% other (including American Indian or Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander) student populations. We seek faculty experienced in developing course content and educational practices with and for diverse populations who have the ability to communicate issues and concerns faced by racially minoritized students.
This position is part-time and temporary
Employment type: TN
Hours per Week: Varies
Hourly or Salaried: Salary
Entry Pay: Depends on education level
Funding source: Hard Money
Benefits Eligible: No
Location: Speech Communication
1300 San Pedro Ave.
San Antonio, Texas, 78212
Requisition #: req7950
Outside working hours if other than M-F 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.: M-F . Some evenings and weekends
Job Summary and Description
Teaching faculty are professional educators who have the primary responsibility of fulfilling the District mission of providing a quality education for all students attending the colleges. Categories include full-time, temporary with benefits, and temporary without benefits. Full-time faculty members are classified according to the ranks of Instructor, Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. Faculty members are responsible to a department/program chairperson. The relationship of the faculty member to the student is one of leader, teacher, advisor, and facilitator of learning. Faculty members will uphold the mission and values of the colleges' and foster effective working relationships with students and colleagues.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Master's degree in the teaching discipline or a Master's degree with at least 18 graduate hours in the teaching discipline.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience teaching college level online and face-to-face courses.
- Experience with an LMS such as Canvas.
- Experience with Dual Credit or Early College students.
- Experience with utilizing Collaborative Learning and Technology in the classroom.
- Along with the qualifications, there are other responsibilities of a faculty member including professional development, trainings, reporting data, in-department activities, and Service to the College/Program through committee work.