The Talent Acquisition department hires qualified candidates to fill positions which contribute to the overall strategic success of Howard University. Hiring staff "for fit" makes significant contributions to Howard University's overall mission.
Adjunct Lecturer Job Description
- The candidate should be available to teach course (s) assigned by the Chair of the Department.
- The candidate must have demonstrated potential for teaching proficiency based on experience and/or based on teaching evaluations (student and peer) provided with the application.
- The candidate must have demonstrated evidence of teaching and professional potential based on experience and/or based on references submitted with the application.
- The candidate must assess grades for students based on class participation, performance in class, assignments, and exams
- The candidate must submit syllabi and input grades in the system in a timely fashion
- Distinguishing Characteristics:
- The candidate must be available for in-person as well as virtual teaching responsibilities.
- Adjunct, part time teaching assignments are made on a semester basis based on programmatic instructional needs in the Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
Nature and Scope:
- Adjunct Lecturer's contracts are renewed every year based on departmental needs.
- Adjunct Lecturers are assessed by the Chair of the department. They are also evaluated by the students at the end of every semester.
Core competencies: The candidate must have a knowledge of the First Amendment as well as strong multimedia skills, including writing and production skills
- The candidate must hold a minimum of a bachelor's degree or master's degree, with preferable five or more years of relevant experience. Or have extensive, exceptional career experience.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!