Division: Academic Affairs
The Department of Health Professions at Rollins College invites interested individuals to apply for adjunct faculty positions for the Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 semesters. Adjuncts will be asked to teach required courses (listed below) for the Health Services Management and Leadership major at Rollins. These classes are offered Monday through Thursday late afternoon and evening, as part of the Hamilton Holt School. This is a continuous recruitment effort to develop an applicant pool that can fill in on an as-needed basis. Applications, letters of interest, and other supported materials will be reviewed as positions become available.
Undergraduate courses include:
- US Health Law
- Health Informatics
- Health Strategic Management
- Health Human Resource Management
- Health and Social Marketing
- US Health Systems
- Health Services Management
Teaching responsibilities include:
- Teaching undergraduate students in a hybrid class format using Canvas.
- Developing and managing the class syllabus.
- Planning and creating lectures, in-class discussions, and assignments.
- Grading assignments in a timely manner.
Founded in 1885, Rollins is an independent, comprehensive, liberal arts college. The campus, noted for its lakefront beauty and for its unique location, is set in the residential community of Winter Park, just 15 minutes from one of the nation's most dynamic urban centers, Orlando. Rollins enrolls approximately 3,200 students in diverse degree programs at the undergraduate and graduate level. Rollins ranks number one among 128 Southern master's-level universities in the annual rankings of "America's Best Colleges," released by U.S. News & World Report. For additional information, please visit the College website at www.rollins.edu.
Minimum Qualifications and Education:
- Required: Ph.D. or Master’s related to health care administration or similar field.
- Preferred: Work experience related to course focus.
- Preferred: Verifiable teaching experience.
- Preferred: Experience using Canvas.
Instructions to Applicants:
To apply, please submit an application and upload the following materials:
- Letter of interest
- Curriculum vita
- Student evaluations within the past five years
- List of references on application
Questions may be directed to: Nancy Niles, Professor, Health Care Administration, Chair, Department of Health Professions
**Applications will be accepted on a continuous basis and are processed upon the receipt of all official documents while the posting is active. Selected applicants will be contacted as positions become available and screenings will continue until positions are filled.**
Rollins seeks to foster and to model a campus environment that is welcoming, safe, and inclusive to all of our administrators, faculty, staff, and students. We view differences (e.g. nationality, race, gender, age, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, physical ability, learning styles, perspectives, etc.) not as obstacles to be overcome but as rich opportunities for understanding, learning, and growth.