The Department of Fine & Performing Arts seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time Adjunct Faculty appointments in Art History. Successful applicants may teach up to nine (9) semester credit hours within the required discipline online as dictated by student demand, hold office hours, and assist students as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Art History.
- Previous teaching experience at the public school or collegiate level.
- Previous online teaching experience.
- Experience teaching Art History (Pre-Historic to Renaissance).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of Art History, and the ability to teach undergraduate college students.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with the general public.
- Ability to plan, organize, and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to work under stress and with pressing timelines.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- The above job duties may not be performed in every Adjunct Faculty position and might not include all related duties that may be performed.
- Adjunct Faculty positions are temporary appointments, assigned per semester and on an as-needed basis.
- These temporary appointments are for the Fall 2021 semester and/or any applicable Fall 2021 sub-terms.
- Art History course must be “Quality Matters” certified (12-16 week process). Adjunct Faculty will be paid a stipend to develop course to meet QM guidelines.
During the application process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents and Submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you “Submit”
the application materials. The software does not allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files.
Completed employment applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest addressing qualifications
- At least 3 current professional references and their full contact information, and
- Unofficial transcripts
Applications must be submitted online at https://www.tamiu.edu/adminis/ohr/employment/.
Applications received by Texas A&M International University must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in the job application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Initial review of applications will begin May 21, 2021.