Adjunct Faculty, Undergraduate Communication
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors and Master's degree programs. This part-time position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a virtual, professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Providing a learning environment that supports student success.
- Teaching synchronous or asynchronous seminars (10 or 6 week units) as assigned by school or program.
- Maintaining school-determined virtual office hours per week for each class.
- Ensuring timely management and response to electronic correspondence from students, administrators, and other school officials.
- Leading message board discussions and engaging students in relevant discussion and coursework.
- Partnering with Academic Advisors to address student concerns.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades/progress.
- Delivering mid-term and final grades in accordance with the academic calendar.
- Enforcing student conduct policies as outlined in the University Catalog.
- Attending university, departmental, and faculty meetings as requested.
- Remain current with trends, techniques, and advances in distance learning.
- Additional duties as may be assigned by the School.
- Master's degree in Communication from a regionally accredited institution. PhD in Communication preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience working in the field of communication and design/multimedia.
- 1-3 years of higher education teaching experience.
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office Suite, Google applications, and experience with educational software platforms.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
Job Functional Area
BU00115 Purdue University Global, Inc.
Purdue University is an EEO/AA employer. All individuals, including minorities, women, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.