Open Until Filled
Job Title: Non-Credit Instructors for Community and Workforce Training
Department: Community and Workforce Training
Classification: Faculty Part-Time Non-Credit
Responsible To: Director of Community and Workforce Training
Salary: Part-time Non-Credit Instructor Salary Schedule
Step 1 - $19.30 per hour
Revenue Split - based on agreed upon class fee
A part-time non-credit faculty member is responsible for planning, developing and instructing non-credit classes or workshops offered by the UCC Community and Workforce Training Department delivered throughout UCC's Service District.
A part-time Spanish Instructor is needed to teach non-credit classes to community members. The successful candidate will speak fluent Spanish at both beginning and intermediate levels. A well organized, punctual instructor is desired with at least one year experience of teaching Spanish. The instructor will have access to a detailed course outline and will develop his/her own lesson plans.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
- Prepares and furnishes an approved class syllabus/outline to students and the department. - Delivers instruction as described in the class outline to students to enhance personal and/or professional development.
- Prepares curriculum, handouts and teaching activities needed for the course.
- Presents material in a manner that is both interesting and optimizes student performance.
- Be punctual, organized and enthusiastic. Begin and end class according to the schedule in the room assigned by Community Education staff member.
- Dress in appropriate attire.
- Conducts self as a representative of UCC when participating in college-related functions.
- Follows all UCC policies, procedures and safety regulations.
- Completes all reports requested including attendance sheets, payroll materials, curriculum materials, evaluations, and other forms with care to detail.
- At the conclusion of the class/workshop, put the room back the way you found it.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by supervisor.
- Attend instructor trainings and department in-services.
Typical Physical Demands and Work Environment:
- Color Identification, hearing voice conversations, sitting/bending, standing/lecturing/speaking for long periods, carrying 15-34 pound loads, and walking occur regularly in this job.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required.
- Knowledge and experience with subject matter being taught required.
- Prior teaching experience, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed required.
- Ability to work well with students, staff and faculty, required.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule that may include evening and weekend hours, required.
- Ability to complete all electronic or paper forms with care and detail, required.
- Must have valid Oregon driver's license, provide own transportation.
- Access to an internet connection and active email account for web-based functions including viewing class lists, payroll, assigned class space, and department correspondence, required.
Please submit a cover letter and resume
Umpqua Community College Honors Veterans Preference
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans' Preference when applying with Umpqua Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
- Member Copy 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215)
- or ...
- Letter from the US Department of Veterans' Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension.
- Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website.
For information regarding Veterans' Preference qualifications, visit www.oregonjobs.com.
If you wish to self-identify under Section 503 as an individual with a disability, please provide this information by completing Department of Labor Form CC-305 available at www.dol.gov.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
Umpqua Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, handicaps or veterans status. This policy affirms UCC's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist.
Umpqua Community College provides a comprehensive benefit package to fulltime, regular employees, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long term disability insurance, as well as vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and waived tuition.