NOTE: Completed applications are placed into a pool of candidates and applications are reviewed as assignments become available. Pools are posted based on the possible availability of a future assignment which are sporadic and may not occur. Should a review of your application result in the intent to pursue your candidacy, you will be contacted by phone or email for an interview.
Please review the Supplemental Information section for specific application requirements.
JOB TITLE: Math Instructor (POOL)
CLASSIFICATION: PT Faculty
RESPONSIBLE TO: Math Department Chair
GENERAL DESCRIPTION: Teaching load will include a variety of lower division lectures college transfer, developmental, and/or for certificate programs.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Provide high quality instruction in area of expertise (and other areas as appropriate).
- Curriculum development and outcomes assessment.
- Advise majors in planning courses of study.
- Hold regular office hours
- Participate in planned professional development activities
- Submit reports and materials as requested; including class rosters, grade reports, grade books, textbook requests, inventories, and final examinations, etc.
- Work with department to establish, assess, and revise student outcomes consistent with the college's goals and course content and maintain appropriate student records.
- Serve as an effective team member of the department and the college community
- Other duties as assigned
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Sitting, standing, walking, and carrying conversation in office and classroom settings occur daily in this job
- Bending, gripping, kneeling, lifting/carrying 0-60 pounds, reaching, standing long periods, and stooping occurs regularly in this job
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficiency with word processing, email, telephone systems, online course delivery, curriculum development, data and grading applications.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate in a clear, effective manner (oral and written)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize appropriate instructional technology in teaching and learning
- Masters degree in mathematics or a related field from a regionally accredited college or university is required
- Community college teaching experience preferred
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
For full consideration applicants must submit with their application:
- A cover letter which addresses your interest in and how you meet the minimum qualification requirements for the position;
- Current resume that includes educational and professional work experience;
- Two letters of recommendations from professional references;
- please attach unofficial transcripts
Umpqua Community College Honors Veterans Preference
Applicants are eligible to use Veterans' Preference when applying with Umpqua Community College in accordance with ORS 408.225, 408.230 and 408.235; and OAR 105-040-0010 and 105-040-0015. Preference will be given only if the applicant meets the minimum criteria of the position and electronically attach the required documentation at the time of application.
- Member Copy 4 of the Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (DD Form 214 or 215)
- or ...
- Letter from the US Department of Veterans' Affairs indicating receipt of a non-service connected pension.
- Disabled Veterans must also submit a copy of Veterans disability preference letter from the Department of Veterans Affairs. You can request copies of your military service record through the National Archives website.
For information regarding Veterans' Preference qualifications, visit www.oregonjobs.com.
If you wish to self-identify under Section 503 as an individual with a disability, please provide this information by completing Department of Labor Form CC-305 available at www.dol.gov.
Statement of Equal Opportunity
Umpqua Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means that we will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard for race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, handicaps or veterans status. This policy affirms UCC's commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all vestiges of discriminatory practices that might exist.
Employment with Umpqua Community College is contingent upon background check approval
Umpqua Community College provides a comprehensive benefit package to fulltime, regular employees, including medical, dental, vision, life, and long term disability insurance, as well as vacation, holiday, and sick leave, and waived tuition.