Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic DevelopmentJob Duties:
Provide instructional support to the primary instructor for the Phlebotomy program.
1. Instruct small group sessions to demonstrate skills and coach student skills performance in compliance with student-faculty ratios.
2. Follow College and department procedures for student evaluation and grading.
3. Evaluate student performance and document student skill proficiencies. (Evaluation occurs both informally through skills check-off activities and formally in skills evaluation sessions.)
4. Present individual topic didactic instruction, as needed-does not present majority of course material.
5. Perform or provide student supervision of the repair and maintenance of equipment.
6. Assist with the set up and tear down of skill stations.
7. Assist the primary instructor with assuring compliance with outside agency regulations.
1. Two years of experience working as a Phlebotomy Technician.
2. Qualify for a career and technical education credential in the discipline. To qualify, applicants must be able to document a minimum of 4,000 hours of work experience related to the field in the last 5 years.
1. Associates degree in a related field.
Copy of Transcripts
Please Note: All required documents can be uploaded in the "my experience" section of the application under Required Documents.Depending on the position you applied to (full-time or part-time), compensation listed below is as follows:
- Full-Time compensation is based on qualifications, experience and internal equity in addition to a generous benefits package. Listed is the minimum starting annual salary which, for a non-exempt position, would be paid on an hourly basis.
- Part-Time Hourly compensation has a set rate of pay.
- Part-Time Faculty (Faculty Load and Compensation) in accordance with Aims Community College pay schedule.
The hiring range for full-time positions is up to 5% above the minimum salary stated in the job posting.
Minimum payment amount:
$30.60Employees in these positions may be asked to participate in temporary assignments lasting less than 6 months (such as curriculum development, short term projects, meetings and substitute duties) which could amount to additional temporary pay.
Pay rate type:
HourlyIncluded with Aims Full-time Employment is a generous package of Benefits, most are listed below:
- Full time benefits effective on date of hire.
- 100% employer provided medical & dental coverage employees (employee only option).
- 85% employer provided medical & dental coverage for employee's spouse and/or family.
- Voluntary vision insurance through VSP (www.vsp.com)
- Monthly annual and sick leave accrual.
- 13 paid holidays and 3 personal days each year.
- Summer schedule: 4 day work week - Fridays Off.
- Employer paid long-term disability and life insurance premiums.
- Tuition waiver & reimbursement for employees.
- Tuition reimbursement for dependents.
- PERA employer (see www.copera.org for comprehensive benefits).
- Additional supplemental benefits & retirement programs available.
Part-time employees also receive some benefits depending on the number of hours worked.
- Tuition waiver for employee on Aims courses
- Access to the PERC (Aims gym) for employee and family member
- Aims Discount program
ATTENTION - Are you a current Aims Employee or Student? If so, we need you to apply through your Workday account.
Please close this window and log into your Workday account. Apply by using the "Career" application on your home page. If you're a student please use "Find Student Jobs" under the "Career" application to apply.
Instructions for Applicants:Your on-line application is how you can be considered for employment at Aims Community College. Your thorough completion of the questions included in the application and your work experience with emphasis on how you meet the qualifications, duties, and responsibilities of the job description will assist the hiring manager and/or search committee as they determine who best to move forward in the hiring process.
- Clearly document job duties performed that relate to responsibilities, qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We evaluate your experience based on this information.
- Clearly outline dates of employment and hours worked per week or credit hours worked per term for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application.
Be sure to upload all the required documents listed at the bottom of the Job Description. This can be uploaded as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume. If there are missing documents, your application will be considered incomplete and will not be considered, and that would be unfortunate.
Applicants for faculty positions must submit a copy of academic transcripts from an accredited institution. If hired, official transcripts will be requested. Applicants who have earned degrees from outside of the United States must provide a credential evaluation of said transcript(s) as part of their application materials. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
One more thing you should know: All positions at Aims Community College require that candidates submit to a criminal background check prior to hire. Keep in mind, a conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. The nature of a conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following, if required:
* Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements
* Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity)
* Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only)
* Copy of Transcripts. For faculty positions - Official transcripts will be required if hired
Faculty: Must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, ancestry, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, or veteran's status. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired, you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.