Rate per Contact Hr w/Bachelors degree
Rate per Contact Hr w/Masters degree
Individuals hired into this position will be employed by EDUStaff and assigned to Mid Michigan College.
Mid Michigan College seeks individuals who: value collegiality and mutual respect; use data in decision making; are innovative; are service minded; are goal oriented; strive to continually improve themselves and their work processes; are willing to collaborate and seek to add value in every interaction.
The responsibilities of this position consist of teaching courses in the Hunting and Angling Scholars program to be determined, but specifically in the area of safety in the outdoor recreational environment. This position holds accountability for instruction, student assessment, and evaluation of a diverse student population. Teaching responsibilities may be required in both traditional and distance education formats.
**Review of applications will begin April 14, 2021. Position will remain posted until filled.**
- Develops and updates course syllabi.
- Teaches assigned course content utilizing a variety of presentation methods.
- Observes and assesses student learning competencies providing timely feedback to students.
- Schedules office hours for assisting students.
- Maintains and reports appropriate classroom records, including posting students' grades and attendance.
- Communicates student assessment results to department faculty and administrators.
- Participates in professional development opportunities, particularly to maintain current professional expertise in outdoor safety, including first aid, gun and bow safety, watersports safety and related subjects.
- Serves on program related committees.
- Adheres to departmental objectives, policies, procedures and standards; recommends changes to departmental procedures as necessary to improve the efficacy of the Department.
- Supports and serves as a role model for our mission, vision, values, and customer service initiatives. Adheres to the organization's policies, procedures, and compliance guidelines.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- DNR Conservation knowledge.
- Ability to translate educational and professional experience into the student learning
- Ability to provide positive motivation and encourage student participation.
- Ability to keep up with new trends and developments in classroom technology.
- Effective planning, organizational, and communication skills.
- Written and computer skills needed to prepare course materials.
- Analytical skills to evaluate and report student learning outcomes.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Teaching Experience preferred; ideally at the community college level.
- DNR Conservation Officer experience preferred.
- The job responsibilities of this position are performed in a classroom environment which requires a professional image and demeanor, on-time attendance and reliability. The job responsibilities are also performed in the outdoor environment. The environment will vary from, little, if any discomfort due to heat, cold or dust, to considerable discomfort due to heat, cold or dust. There is light to moderate noise within the environment.
- There may be travel to other college locations for meetings. Travel between campus locations is required.
- Job duties may be performed in an independent or a team atmosphere.
- The job has intermittent periods during which continuous physical exertion is required, such as walking, standing, sitting, stooping, bending, climbing, lifting material or equipment, some of which may be heavy or awkward (5- 45 pounds).
- Must meet reasonable and sometimes shifting deadlines, quotas, or demands for accuracy, and may be involved in some unpleasant situations.
- Work scheduled may vary each semester depending on class times/locations.
Note: This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by a person assigned to this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all job duties that may be performed by a person so classified. Incumbents may be asked to perform additional duties as required by his/her supervisor.
Mid Michigan College is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in employment or the provisions of services.