About Harrisburg University:
Harrisburg University offers an applied science and technology education for students who want a degree and a dedicated pathway to a career. Its focus is to educate career-minded individuals in the areas of science, technology, engineering and math (STEM careers), giving them the tools to succeed, while helping to shape their communities, locally and beyond. Our goal is to help stimulate economic growth in our region by establishing a STEM educated workforce - a necessary resource in today's economy.
The Harrisburg University of Science and Technology offers innovative academic and research programs in science and technology that respond to local and global needs. The institution fosters a diverse community of learners, provides access and support to students who want to pursue a career in science and technology, and supports business creation and economic development.
Harrisburg University seeks to hire multiple part-time/adjunct faculty to teach a wide range of undergraduate Computer Science courses this upcoming Fall 2021 semester and beyond. Teaching high level Computer Science courses on topic such as Computer Forensics, Graphics, and networks and technology courses on topics including Networking, System Engineering and Design,and Applied Operating Systems.
Specific courses needed are:
CISC301- Operating Systems
CISC320- Computer Forensics
CISC400- Computer Graphics
CISC432- Statistics Pattern Recognition
To learn more about our Computer Science undergraduate program, go to: https://harrisburgu.edu/courses/computer-and-information-science-bs/
- The candidate should have a Master's or Doctorate degree in a related field
- Classroom teaching experience is highly desirable
- Must be available to teach in person at our Philadelphia location
Interested candidates should attach their curriculum vitae to this application.
Harrisburg University- At a Glance:
- Only science and technology-focused comprehensive university between Philadelphia and Pittsburgh
- Private, non-sectarian, nonprofit, urban, teaching university
- Located in the city of Harrisburg
- Incorporated in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania: December 12, 2001
- Chartered by Pennsylvania Department of Education: January 20, 2005
- Inaugural class arrived August 29, 2005
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, June 22, 2009
- 350 full- and part-time employees
- Signature 16-story, $73 million, state-of-the-art Academic Center
- The University's total student enrollment for undergraduate and graduate degree seeking students: 6,300 as of May 1, 2019
- Undergraduate Student Body: 51% female, 55% minority
- 98% of our students demonstrate financial need
- Ranked in top 20 of US News & World Report's ethnic diversity category for Best National Liberal Arts Colleges
- HU places 92% of its graduates in family-sustaining careers in their fields of study within six months of graduation
- HU undergraduate student average debt upon graduating is $7,000 less than the national average student education debt
Harrisburg University: Philadelphia site:
Harrisburg University's Philadelphia site offers Bachelor of Science degrees in Interactive Media, Computer & Information Sciences, Cyber Security and Management & eBusiness, with concentrations in digital marketing and analytics. This 38,000 square-foot location at 1500 Spring Garden Street opened in December 2017 and is located across the street from the Community College of Philadelphia.
This new site quadrupled the size of HU's Philadelphia presence and can accommodate up to 500 students. This completely renovated space in Center City provides students with an opportunity in science and technology education that does not exist in Philadelphia.
Previously, HU had delivered courses to 1st-year students in a historic building on Independence Mall. Following their freshman year, these Philly-based students were required to transfer to main campus. Now they can complete all four years at the Philly campus.
HU also plans to offer new master's degree programs in this space, which is shared with Hussian College. Students in HU's Philadelphia location have full access to Harrisburg University's state-of-the-art educational tower in downtown Harrisburg.