Online Adjunct Faculty - MBA
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking faculty to teach in our MBA program. Our online faculty provide high-quality, "real" scenario-based learning experiences and support learners as they work toward their educational goals. Online faculty members work in a collaborative learning environment, partnering with learners, student advising and members of the academic team to ensure that each learner has the support, tools, and resources he or she needs to gain real-world skills applicable to their present and future careers.
We are looking for applicants whose professional experiences correspond with the following courses:
- MBA-540: Organizational Strategy in a Global Environment
- MBA-580: Innovation and Strategy for High-Performance Organizations
- MBA-620: Measuring Success in an Organization
- MBA-645: Optimizing Brands
- MBA-687: Leading Organizational Change
Please view our course catalog for full descriptions of the courses listed above.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Foster a positive, emotional climate for maximum a learning environment
- Possess a positive emotional disposition and growth-mindset toward students and themselves
- Provide a high level of learner outreach and connect with learners, academic advisors and team leads on a frequent basis to ensure learner success
- Leverage business experience and content expertise to support scenario-based learning in the classroom
- Provide coaching and mentoring to learners so that they are prepared to think critically, develop business solutions and employ innovation to solve business problems
- Create opportunities for continuous dialogue within the learning experience
- Master's Degree in specific business content area (Business Administration, Operations/IT, Marketing, Economics, Accounting, Strategy Development, etc.) or completion of general MBA
- Relevant professional leadership or consulting experience within the last 5 years
- Computer literacy and experience with an LMS (Learning Management System)
- Current professional position leading a group of direct reports (F2F or virtual) holding the position title of manager, director or above
- Teaching experience in a relevant content area or in business administration, preferably in an online setting
- Experience with scenario-based learning and/or Neuroscience education
- Certifications in relevant content areas, business tools, education models and/or leadership
This posting is hiring for future term starts, dates to be assigned later.
The standard compensation is $2,500 per 10-week graduate course. Graduate adjuncts are paid bi-weekly and are considered W-2 employees of Southern NH University.
A background check is required for employment and may include licensure/certification verification.
Why Join SNHU?
Ours is a dynamic environment where innovation is encouraged-and ideas are welcomed. We believe in one another's potential, and we focus on creating a positive community where collaboration, belonging, and growth are valued.
SNHU employees are a team in every sense. Separately, we understand that each individual brings unique experiences, perspectives, and ideas to create a vibrant work environment. Together we share common values of honesty, acceptance, and accountability working as a unified force toward a common goal: to transform the lives of learners.
As a global leader in education, we strive for a workforce that reflects the individual differences of our learning community. We believe that our employees can be their best selves when they can be their true selves. Therefore, we are committed to cultivating and preserving a culture of inclusion in which all of our employees feel welcomed, valued, and empowered. We're proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception.
By joining our team, you join us in our vision. Together, we'll shape the future of education by transforming lives-beginning with yours.