JOB SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Dean of Crown Point adjunct faculty receive a contract or letter stating adjunct employment with a primary responsibility in teaching Math. Faculty members assess, plan, implement and evaluate instruction for students in clinical and classroom settings or laboratories in coordination with established course and program objectives. Serving University of Saint Francis (USF) students and the USF community is paramount. To provide a consistent quality experience across the university, the USF Way, outlined in the Employee Handbook, is used to describe service expectations for all employees.
- Adheres to all applicable university academic and employment policies identified in the Employee and Faculty handbooks and academic catalogs
- Respects the moral and religious beliefs of the university and students; uses discretion when expressing personal beliefs and views
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Dean of Crown Point
University of Saint Francis (USF) employees demonstrate a commitment to the University's mission and support of its Catholic and Franciscan traditions. Employees provide the intellect, empathy and ability to serve our students and community. The USF Way of serving is a source of pride for many employees. To provide a consistently high level of quality experience across our university, we provide the following service expectations for all employees. These standards have been tailored by position and responsibilities, and are incorporated into performance evaluations.
Standard #1: Provide opportunities for deeper conversations, prayer and reflection.
Standard #2: Utilize best practices in communication and service.
- Apply care to your words and deeds to ensure respect for others.
- Commit to follow through without exception and with quality.
- Offer additional assistance after serving as in, "How else may I assist you?"
- Respond promptly, whether in person, via phone, or email.
Standard #3: Recognize and celebrate milestones and achievements.
Standard #4: Use resources wisely and support green initiatives.
- Masters or graduate degree in the field of study required.
- Doctorate or terminal degree preferred.
- One to two year's teaching or training experience preferred.
- Two to three year's professional experience within the field preferred.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrates an understanding of educational theory, instructional methods and evaluation technique and use of technology utilized in higher education in a classroom setting.
- Demonstrates analytical and organizational skills necessary to plan, implement and evaluate educational activities to assure compliance with established goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all university constituents.
Licenses or certifications
- None required