The School of Health Sciences at Lasell University seeks an adjunct instructor of Cybersecurity for on-campus courses in the Fall 2021 term.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide hybrid model of instruction that includes an on-campus face to face and online component for course sessions utilizing the college philosophy of connected learning (teaching and learning support provided for instructors)
- Incorporate the use of Canvas Learning Management System in all aspects of course delivery
- Maintain weekly office hours
- Provide a syllabus and course outline to students that clearly communicates course content and requirements via Canvas Learning Management System
- Provide timely feedback to students as defined by the Teaching and Learning Guidelines established by Lasell University Teaching and Learning Center
- Keep accurate records of student progress through the Canvas gradebook feature
- Complete mid-semester progress reports, and submit final grade in Self-Service System by registrar established deadline
- Work collaboratively with Data Science Program Chair and university faculty on course content requirements and methods of delivery
Master's Degree in Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field. CompTIA Security+ certification, CISCO certification and familiarity with NICE framework are desirable. Requires college-level teaching experience, a familiarity with online learning management systems preferred.
Cryptology; Information Assurance & Management
Example Course Descriptions:
A course that covers fundamental mathematical concepts from modern algebra, number theory, and other areas of mathematics. Provides a foundation for the understanding of classical encryption systems and modern encryption methods. Emphasis on the mathematical underpinnings germane to cryptology. Prepares students for advanced study of modern cryptography. Experience implementing encryption, decryption and crypt-analytic methods on a variety of systems.
Information Assurance & Management
This course focuses on management of the information assurance process. Topics include human factors in reducing security breaches, security incident detection and response, remediation, management's role in information assurance, and other considerations in framing and implementing information assurance policies. Prerequisites: DSCI102 & DSCI103
Interested candidates should upload a cover letter, resume, and the information of three (3) references using the forms on our website.
Review of candidates' submitted materials begin immediately; applications are accepted until the position is filled.
Given Lasell's commitment to fostering an intellectually enriching and inclusive educational environment, our expectation is that the successful candidate will demonstrate competence and sensitivity in leading, managing, and advising employees and students who are broadly diverse with regard to various aspects of identity, such as race, ethnicity, ability status, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, nationality, and religion.
We seek faculty and staff who appreciate the value diversity brings to a campus community and are eager to foster an inclusive environment here at Lasell. Employees who represent the various areas of diversity of our student body are key contributors to our strategic vision.
Lasell University is committed to equal opportunity in every aspect of hiring and employment. Lasell proactively reviews its policies and practices to assure that decisions with respect to every dimension of employment are made without regard to age, color of skin, disability, gender expression and identity, genetic predisposition, marital status, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, status as a victim of domestic violence, and all other protected groups and classes under Federal and State Laws and executive orders.