Edmonds College is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion. The college values its talented, diverse workforce and seeks to attract, hire, and support employees who consistently and actively embrace diversity and equity. Edmonds Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Edmonds Community College invites all individuals to apply and as an equal opportunity employer, we also encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and groups to apply for this position.
Associate Faculty Pool, Business Management (PT Faculty)
We accept applications for part-time faculty positions on an ongoing basis. To be included in the part-time pool, please follow the application procedure below.
Applications remain on file for one year. If you wish to remain in the part-time pool beyond that time, you can update and resubmit your online application yearly.
DESCRIPTION: Faculty members are responsible for the following: teaching and providing leadership to a diverse student body in the classroom and online; developing curriculum; preparing teaching materials; developing and assessing student learning outcomes to evaluate student work; assigning grades, maintaining required records; advising and consulting with students to support their success.
Courses taught in the program include Introduction to Business, Marketing, Principles of Management, Project Management, Human Resource Management, Human Relations, Business Strategies and other related classes.
- Master's degree in Business or related discipline.
- Two years of full-time work experience in business management, finance or a closely related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Knowledge of computer skills used in business and ability to apply technology to business curriculum.
- Demonstrated successful experience teaching business courses, in either professional-technical or academic transfer programs.
- Experience with multiple approaches to teaching and learning, such as incorporating a variety of technologies into the classroom, teaching online or hybrid classes and using other innovative educational techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a variety of teaching situations, working with students with a wide range of backgrounds and life experiences and varying degrees of college preparedness.
- Ability to work effectively with supervisors, colleagues, staff and students as part of an educational team.
PHYSICAL WORK ENVIRONMENT:
Work is typically performed in a classroom, which requires standing and/or sitting for extended periods of time. Instructors typically use a computer in the work environment.
Salary is dependent upon contract load and mode of instruction. A standard five-credit "lecture mode" class would be approximately $4,260.07.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- You must document your citizenship or employment authorization within three days of hire.
- Criminal background check. Prior to a new hire, a background check including criminal history will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
- All new positions are contingent upon funding.
- At this time, Edmonds Community College does not sponsor H1-B Visas.
- This position is part of a bargaining unit subject to a collective bargaining agreement.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES AND REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
You must complete the online application to be included in the associate faculty pool. Either as part of your online application or as attachments to your application, please include a current resume of CV and the names and contact information for three references. If you wish to include a cover letter, teaching evaluations or other documents, you are welcome to do so.
To apply, go to www.edcc.edu/hr and click on Job Opportunities.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE:
Established in 1967, Edmonds College is a public, two-year, state community college. It focuses on academic excellence, student success, and community engagement, which reflect the three aspects of its mission: Teaching | Learning | Community. It serves about 20,000 students annually, including more than 1,000 international students from more than 60 countries. The college offers nearly 70 associate degrees and 60 professional certificates in about 30 programs of study. Its highest enrolled programs are the Associate of Arts/Associate of Science degrees, Paralegal, Allied Health (pre-nursing degree), Business/Accounting, Construction Management, and Culinary Arts. The college is located in the center of the growing south Snohomish County communities of Edmonds, Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace, Brier, Mill Creek, Mukilteo, and Woodway. For more information, visit www.edcc.edu.
EEO/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Edmonds College is an equal opportunity employer and assures equality of treatment in educational and employment opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (gender), disability, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants with disabilities who require assistance with the recruitment process may call 425-640-1470 and accommodations will be made to the extent reasonably possible. The Human Resources Office is accessible to persons with disabilities.
This position is conditionally eligible for benefits. Eligibility determination will be made upon hire.