Contact Mr. Marquise Frazier Chairman, Department of Radiation Therapy, Howard University
(Medical Dosimetry/Treatment Planning)
Howard University College of Nursing and Allied Health Sciences, one of 13 Colleges and Schools in an institution that values interdisciplinary research, education, and clinical practice, seeks a qualified candidate for an adjunct (9-month) faculty position.
- Bachelor’s degree in healthcare related field (required)
- Advanced degree in healthcare preferred
- Experience teaching at an accredited institution of higher learning, and documented research experience.
- Evidence of effective use of computer technology.
- Demonstrated experience in online and/or distance learning, as well as curriculum design and implementation in higher education is a plus.
- Registration/Certification with the American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) and knowledge of its’ rules and regulations
- Registration/Certification with the American Association of Medical Dosimetrists (AAMD) preferred
- Knowledgeable in JRCERT accreditation practices
- Familiarity with American Society of Radiologic Technology (ASRT) and Professional Curriculum
The successful applicant will:
- Teach undergraduate courses in radiation therapy; Specifically, Treatment Planning/Dosimetry
- Have knowledge of education accreditation
- Participate in departmental meetings, and decision making
- Proficiency in University educational trainings
- Support the program director to help assure effective program operation,
- Participates in the assessment process,
- Cooperates with the program director in periodic review and revision of didactic instruction
- Maintains current knowledge of the discipline and educational methodologies through continuing professional development, and
- Maintains current knowledge of program policies, procedures, and student progress.
*This description is not meant to be inclusive of all aspects of employment*
* Commensurate with qualifications
* Applicants should submit a letter of application, a curriculum vitae, a statement of research interests, and names and complete contact information of four professional references to Mr. Marquise Frazier Chairman, Department of Radiation Therapy, Howard University, email@example.com
Mr. Frazier can be reached at 202-870-0756.
Applications may be submitted electronically.
Desired start date is August 16, 2021