The University of Pikeville maintains a pool of adjunct faculty who are passionate about teaching and student learning. This application is for a position in the Math and Sciences Division of the College of Arts and Sciences.
We are currently seeking faculty in the following fields as well as faculty who can teach interdisciplinary courses in:
- Information Technology Management
- Teaching the assigned course/s, uploading course materials to UPIKE's learning management system, entering student grades, and adhering to all related deadlines and polices.
- Tutoring and mentoring students as needed.
- Regular and responsive communication with the Division Chair.
- Must have a minimum of a master's degree and a minimum of 18 graduate hours in the course you wish to teach.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, teaching and decision-making skills.
- Prior college teaching experience is strongly preferred.
- Experience using the Canvas learning platform is preferred.
Faculty Expectations: Note that the University of Pikeville recognizes that effective educators are themselves life-long learners. Adjunct faculty members are encouraged to attend our professional development workshops whenever possible to improve use of educational technology, determine ways to better engage students, and reflect on methods to create the most effective environment for student growth.
Positions are available in the spring, summer, and fall semesters. Review of applications occur as needed within each division of the College.
The University of Pikeville is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history.
The University of Pikeville is an equal opportunity employer committed to assembling a diverse, broadly trained faculty and staff. The University of Pikeville does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age or disabilities in its programs, activities, hiring, or the admission of students. Inquiries may be directed to the University of Pikeville Title IX Coordinator by calling 606-218-5344.
For more information about the University of Pikeville, please visit http://www.upike.edu. Interested applicants should complete the online application by visiting http://jobs.upike.edu. In addition to the application, interested applicants are requested to attach to their application a letter of interest, current curriculum vitae, copies of their transcripts, a teaching philosophy statement, and the contact information for three to five professional references.
Department: College of Arts and Sciences
Employment Type: Part-Time (20 hours)