At Unity, sustainability isn't a buzzword. It's the foundation of our entire approach and has been for more than 50 years.
We apply sustainability principles to everything we do, from our properties around the State of Maine, to our online degrees offered to students everywhere, to our enrichment experiences and entrepreneurial endeavors at locations from northern Maine to Arizona to Brazil.
Engage with Unity College and you'll start to ask tough questions, challenge the status quo, and envision new possibilities. If taking the lead in creating a more sustainable future sounds like the future you want, we can make it happen.
Unity College seeks to attract world-class faculty to enrich the educational experience of our gifted, inquisitive, and motivated students. Unity College is committed to building a culturally diverse faculty dedicated to teaching and working in a multicultural environment.
Unity College is seeking enthusiastic individuals to teach general education courses for our online undergraduate degree programs. Courses are online and run for five weeks in eight different sessions.
- We are particularly interested in hiring adjunct faculty that are interested in teaching foundational general education courses.
- Courses are taught asynchronously with an average of 20 students per course.
The ideal candidate will possess a terminal degree (e.g. PhD, DVM) in the discipline or a master's degree with amble experience in the profession.
- Experience with online teaching and previous use of Canvas is desirable.
- Ability to efficiently operate a personal computer and associated software (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and appropriately.
- Personal commitment to the environmental focus and mission of the college.
Unity College's distance education curriculum is 100% online. Our Distance Education Adjuncts will teach remotely.
This is a temporary part time position and is not eligible for benefits.
At Unity College, we don't just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our students, and our community. Unity College is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.