SMALL BUSINESS & ENTREPRENEURSHIP INSTRUCTOR - PART TIME
Continuing Education non-credit courses are available for students seeking occupational skills or personal enrichment. If you have passion for teaching and learning, consider joining our team. When you join, you will have the opportunity to inspire, motivate, and empower adult learners to succeed. This position will also allow you the opportunity to share content knowledge with an eager group of students committed to learning.
- Responsible for instruction in the Small Business Entrepreneur program at the college level. This includes developing a relevant and progressive curriculum, designing and implementing effective learning strategies and environments, delivering instruction of high quality, assessing student learning, advising students.
- Instructs students in the Small Business Entrepreneurship program which may include, but not be limited to the following curriculum areas: Operations Management, Small Business Marketing/Promotion, Small Business Development & Planning, Business Plan Writing, Entrepreneurial Finance, Small Business Feasibility, Entrepreneurial Social Media Branding.
- Develop and implement an appropriate and engage curriculum by taking into consideration the unique abilities and interests of each participant.
- Ability to teach using different methods and teaching styles, ensuring that participants are fully engaged.
- Inspire, motivate, and foster confidence in all students.
- Bachelor Degree in Entrepreneurship/Business Management or a related business field. Four (4) years of work experience in small business ownership/management positions, which include increasing levels of responsibility. Associates Degree and eight (8) years. Preferred experience working with the Small Business Administration, Small Business Lending, or CDC.
- Knowledge of the role of small business in today's society, current organizational structures, management philosophies and processes as well as new and emerging business trends impacting small businesses including international/global business, e-business, social networking.
- Demonstrated ability in business acumen, planning, innovation, creativity and collaboration. Skill in the use of computers for business applications and analysis. Skill in communications and human relations with populations having diverse socio-economic and racial backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Thank you for your interest in City Colleges of Chicago!