The International Language Institute seeks to establish a pool of qualified applicants for future, part-time adjunct teaching appointments in English as a Second Language/Foreign Language instruction. Successful applicants may teach up to three courses within the required discipline at ON CAMPUS sites as dictated by student demand, hold office hours, and assist students as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in bilingual Education, Linguistics, English Instruction, Multidisciplinary Studies, English as a Second Language or other related discipline.
- Three or more years of teaching experience.
- Additional relevant education may replace the experience requirement.
- Master of Arts in TESOL, Linguistics or related field, or Certificate in ESL or TESOL/TEFL.
- Experience in foreign language instruction.
- Teaching experience in an intensive ESL program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer Skills.
- Must possess excellent bi-cultural communication skills.
- Ability to interact positively with students, faculty and staff.
- Must possess strong planning and organizational skills.
- Knowledge of current second language instruction pedagogy and methodology, and ability to employ these in the classroom.
- Adjunct teaching positions are temporary appointments, assigned per 8-week session and on an as-needed basis.
- These temporary appointments are for SUMMER 2021 subterms.
- The above job duties may not be performed in every Adjunct Faculty position and might not include all related duties that may be performed.
During the application process you have only one opportunity to enter the requested information, upload documents and Submit the application. You will not be able to make changes or add additional documents once you “Submit” the application materials. The software does not allow you to “Save” your application and return to complete the process at a later time. The page "My Experience" has an area provided under Resume/CV to drop or upload files.
Completed employment applications must include:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of Interest addressing qualifications
- At least 3 current professional references and their full contact information, and
- Unofficial transcripts
Applications must be submitted online at https://www.tamiu.edu/adminis/ohr/employment/.
Applications received by Texas A&M International University must have all job application data entered. Failure to provide all job application data could result in an invalid submission and a rejected application. “See resume” is not an acceptable entry in the job application. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The posting will remain open until the vacancy is filled.