Penn State Harrisburg School of Humanities invites applications for part-time adjunct faculty positions in Philosophy to begin August 2021. Part-time faculty positions are available to teach a variety of undergraduate Philosophy courses, especially courses in ethics and critical thinking. Other course opportunities may include the history of philosophy, aesthetics, the philosophy of science, and for qualified candidates, courses in religious studies.
- Teach 1-3 courses (3 credits each; up to a maximum of 9 credits) per semester in Philosophy, or other courses, depending on expertise.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Teaching assignments may require teaching day or evening classes, as needed, either remotely or in person.
- Minimum requirement of Master`s degree in Philosophy, with preference given to candidates with a Ph.D.
- Experience teaching at the post-secondary level is preferred.
- Commitment to high-quality instruction in a student-centered environment is desired.
- Enthusiasm for working in a multidisciplinary environment is important.
This is a part-time, adjunct position. To apply, please submit a cover letter, C.V., and references.