Job Description Summary:
The Adult Education Instructor's responsibilities include providing instruction and advising to Adult Education learners. This person will report directly to the Adult Education's Director of Transition Programs and Student Retention. The Instructor is responsible for documentation of student attendance and progress using Moodle, NROC/EdReady and/or other online LMSsystems, CASAS and TABE testing referrals, student follow-up, and other duties as needed for the Adult Education programs. Assignment may involve working with students with Intellectual or Development disabilities, and/or preparing students for either English TIER tests in NROC or Math TIER tests in EdReady, High School Equivalency tests such as GED, HiSET or TASC, as well as for transition to post-secondary education and employment. Some assignments may involve helping English Language Learners acquire the vocabulary and language skills necessary to succeed in a particular career training program, such as Furniture Sewing, Carpentry, etc.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Master's degree in Adult Education or related field from a regionally accredited post-secondary institution.
- Teaching and/or industry training experience.
- Fluent reading, speaking, and written English communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (i.e., Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Teaching experience in Adult Education (Basic Skills) or in post-secondary education.
- Experience with assessment of student learning outcomes.
- Experience with distance learning and/or alternate instructional delivery systems.
- Previous classroom teaching experience in Math, English, or ESOL