Placement Range: $740 per Credit Hour
An adjunct faculty member at Oklahoma City Community College has the primary responsibility of instruction. Secondary responsibilities include supporting the integrity of curricula, encouraging student success, and promoting the mission of the division to which the adjunct faculty member belongs as well as the College as a whole.
Minimum of a Master's degree in Sociology
Master's degree with a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Sociology or a related field.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated positive human relations and communication skills
- Basic computer skills, proficient in the use of Microsoft Office or similar software
- Flexible teaching style to accommodate individual learning styles
- Committed to helping students achieve their goals to be successful and attain a college education
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn computer programs used in the department and on campus (such as Moodle)
- Organization and attention to detail
- Support and willingness to teach in a competency-based instructional system
- Ability to work independently and coordinate work with colleagues and peers
- Ability to work well as a team member in an instructional unit
- Ability to communicate and articulate concepts in an organized manner both verbally and in writing
- Ability to read and understand content in order to assist students when they are having difficulty interpreting concepts
- Ability to interact in an effective and encouraging manner with students individually and in groups
- Must be punctual
- Must be reliable
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applicants are to thoroughly complete the electronic application and attach the following required documents: cover letter, resume, and transcript conferring Master's degree and a minimum of 18 graduate hours in Sociology or related field.
Applicants who do not attach the required documents will not be considered for the position.
For application assistance or questions, please contact Human Resources at (405) 682-7542, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM