AMDA College of the Performing Arts is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City. The school offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts as well as two year conservatory programs.
AMDA is seeking Voice Production and Speech instructors (please note: this position is a "non-singing" voice instructor.) Applicants should have experience in a variety of techniques. Course topics include breath support, use of resonators, center pitch, articulation, projection, plus a working knowledge of IPA, SAP, GAP, accent reduction and dialects. Seeking instructors who are strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty." Applicants must have performance experience within the industry; preference will be given to instructors with recent / current performance related credits.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional rehearsal and performance atmosphere within the classroom.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
Applicants with performing resumes and teaching resumes are encouraged to submit all info.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V.