The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program.
AMDA seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber! We are accepting resumes for part-time positions at our New York campus for the Fall Semester (November 2, 2020 - February 26, 2021) with teaching experience in Sight Singing, Musicianship, and Theory.
- Masters degree or higher in Music Education, Theory, Composition or Performance -instrumental and/or vocal.
- Knowledge of musicianship pedagogy to include solfege, eurhythmics, the Dalcroze Method,improvisation, and music theory.
- Knowledge of the music theater repertoire to include the “American Songbook” of standards.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material to include “Fixed –Do” Solfege, movement and improvisation is required.
- Ability to teach medium to large groups from the piano, acoustic guitar or another instrument.
- Ability to sight - sing using Solfege.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels in the sight singing of music.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in an encouraging and effective manner.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V