The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program.
AMDA seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber to join the Dance Department! We are accepting resumes for part-time positions at our New York campus for the Fall Semester (November 2, 2020 - February 26, 2021). Experience in any/all styles of dance (ballet, tap, jazz, modern, ballroom, hip-hop, contemporary, gymnastics, and historical/period dance) as they relate to performance mediums for actors, singers, and dancers.
Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal performing experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty".
- Applicants must have performance experience within Musical Theater; preference will be given to dance instructors with recent / current performance credits.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to support and work effectively with a diverse student body encompassing all races, religions and backgrounds.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional studio and performance atmosphere for dance education.
- Ability to work well with students ranging from a variety of different dance levels.
- Knowledge of current dance techniques and trends is required.
Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Applicants will be willing to work as a team member with the dance faculty.
- BFA in Dance (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
- Certification in a variety of dance genres is a plus.
- Continuing passion and determination to study dance disciplines and hone techniques in dance studios/classes around the NY Metro area.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V