The American Musical and Dramatic Academy, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost postsecondary performing arts schools in the country. AMDA NY offers a two-year conservatory program.
AMDA seeks to attract an active, culturally and academically diverse faculty of the highest caliber to join the Acting Department! We are accepting resumes for part-time positions at our New York campus for the Fall Semester (November 2, 2020 - February 26, 2021). AMDA is specifically seeking diverse instructors with experience teaching courses in Acting Technique, Beginning Acting, Beginning and Intermediate Contemporary Scene Study, Improvisation, On-Camera Acting, Theater History, and Classical Drama.
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty." Applicants must have performance experience within the industry.
- Experience with a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
- College-level teaching plus a willingness to learn curriculum-specific material, is required.
- Applicants will have experience in providing and maintaining a professional rehearsal and performance atmosphere within the classroom.
- Experience teaching a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
- Successful applicants will have demonstrated an ability to work effectively with diverse populations and varying proficiency levels.
- Applicants will be able to communicate with students in a positive and effective manner.
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) / Master's degree or higher (preferred) / or comparable educational or professional experience.
Qualified applicants should submit cover letter, resume and salary history. Applicants with performing resumes and teaching resumes are encouraged to submit both.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V