Applicants should be strongly committed to excellence in teaching, honed from personal experience on a professional level and pedagogy of teaching at a college level.
- Providing instruction in accordance with established curriculum, course outlines and class schedules
- Creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking
- Evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work
- Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics
- Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas
- Fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member
- Maintaining accurate academic records
- Master's degree (preferred) or Bachelor's degree (required) in a related field
- Candidates should have relevant teaching experience in a higher education setting
- An appreciation for the traditions of a performing arts academic setting
- Demonstrated leadership skills; style that emphasizes collaboration, teamwork, and facilitation
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and interpersonal skills
- Commitment to diversity; ability to appreciate alternative viewpoints; ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service and providing a dynamic climate for life-long learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement instructional approaches with the effective use of technology.
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage students in their learning
- Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles
- AMDA differentiates itself from other performing arts colleges by having students learn from "working faculty." Applicants must have performance experience within the industry; preference will be given to instructors with recent / current performance credits.
- Experience with a variety of styles, and periods, is a plus.
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer N/F/D/V.