Duties include, but are not limited to, teaching classroom and laboratory sessions, lab oversight and safety activities, student success, student recruitment, and responsibility for materials and supplies.
Hours: Adjunct, so as assigned and necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Culinary industry OR 6000 hours of work experience.
- Expertise should include an understanding in Serv Safe, supervision, cost controls, purchasing, nutrition and wellness, advanced culinary garde manger, advanced soups, sauces, and â la carte cookery principles.
- Usage of an online learning management system is required.
- Lab courses require prolonged standing or sitting. It requires frequent bending, stooping, or stretching.
- May require heavy lifting depending on the assignment and lab.
- Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time, use hands to operate a computer keyboard, telephone and other basic office equipment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear and use a phone.
- Reading, writing, calculating, social interaction skills, strong management and organizational skills, reasoning/analysis, ability work with minimal supervision, high degree of problem-solving, decision-making skills and high degree of interpersonal skills is required.
- Work is routinely performed in an office environment.
Hiring process includes ability to pass a background check.
Salary: Adjunct Rates Apply - Depends on Number of Courses
Benefits: Iowa Western offers free access to our brand new Wellness Center and fitness classes to all employees and their spouses. We also offer access to the voluntary RIC 457 retirement plan and (for those who qualify) IPERS or TIAA retirement with employer contribution of up to 9.44%.
It is the policy of Iowa Western Community College to provide equal educational opportunities and not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national or ethnic origin, ancestry, genetic information, physical or mental disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, marital status, veteran status, AIDS/HIV status, citizenship, or medical condition, and any other protected class, as those terms are defined under applicable laws, in its educational programs, activities, or employment practices.
Questions or complaints? Contact Title IX and Equal Opportunity Coordinator, Reanna Heim, or ADA Coordinator, Samantha Larson, firstname.lastname@example.org, 712-325-3200, or the Director of the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, Citigroup Center, 500 W. Madison, Suite 1475, Chicago, IL 60661, (312)-730-1560, OCR.Chicago@ed.gov. More information at https://www.iwcc.edu/about/statement.asp.