Job ID: 219911
Job SummarySouth Georgia State College is seeking applications for part-time faculty to teach all English classes.
Located in rural Georgia, South Georgia State College is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of over 2500 students. SGSC is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society.
- Teach adjunct English classes
- Ability to teach at all SGSC campuses and sites.
- Meet each class as scheduled at the designated time and place and for the designated length of time.
- At the beginning of each course, provide each student with a syllabus per the guidelines in the faculty handbook.
- Develop new courses and course materials as appropriate.
- Stay current in the teaching discipline(s) and the pedagogy of that discipline.
- Submit correct proof rosters and grades in Banner by the assigned deadlines. Record daily attendance according to institutional policy.
- Submit assessment data to discipline committee chair in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED BY THE POSITION
- Mastery of the teaching discipline.
- Ability to engage students in higher order learning
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and oral forms
- Ability to align instruction with student learning outcomes
- Adhere to institutional policies and procedures
- Each faculty member reports to the appropriate School Dean.
- Guidelines include college policies and procedures, department policies and Board of Regents policy and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
COMPLEXITY/SCOPE OF WORK
- The work consists of varied administrative duties and coordination of primary functional areas. Strict regulations contribute to the complexity of the position
- Success in this position contributes to the efficiency, effectiveness, and regulatory compliance of all department operations
- Contacts are typically with students, co-workers, other college personnel and members of the general public
- Contacts are typically to provide services; to give or exchange information; to resolve problems; to motivate or influence persons; or to justify, defend or negotiate matters
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table, or while intermittently sitting, standing, stooping, bending or crouching
- The employee occasionally lifts light objects
- The work is typically performed in an office setting
- The completion of a Master's Degree, plus 18 graduate semester hours in English
- Ph.D. in the field
- Graduate coursework and experience in or related to professional business and technical writing preferred
- Three years teaching experience
Required Documents to AttachCover Letter
3 Current Letters of Reference