University of San Francisco
USF Hilltop Campus
Adjunct Community & Mental Health Clinical Faculty, multiple positions
The School of Nursing and Health Professions seeks to hire part-time (adjunct) community and mental health nursing faculty to assume teaching responsibilities for undergraduate nursing students in a clinical setting. Applicants must hold a California RN License.
Full Job Description:
Within that last 5 years, applicants must have one year of direct patient care nursing experience that corresponds to the area they are teaching. For medical/surgical, geriatric, pediatric, obstetrics, or mental health, acute care nursing experience (or serving as a clinical instructor in one of these clinical areas) within the last 5 years is required.
The clinical faculty member will assume responsibility and accountability for:
- Facilitating student learning in the clinical setting by coaching students to translate knowledge into the attitudes and skills required to give save high quality patient care.
- Supervising student groups in the clinical setting (maintains presence in clinical setting during the entire clinical student time unless assigned to Capstone course when student has individual preceptor)
- Evaluating student performance in the clinical setting; providing frequent student feedback to enable success; meeting the student at mid-term and end of course to assign grades.
- Attending departmental meetings
- Bachelor's degree in nursing with evidence of an established area of clinical expertise and demonstrable communications skills
- Experience in clinical teaching, student supervision and teaching methods are desired but not required.
- Other clinical/agencies requirements as needed.
- Within that last 5 years, applicants must have one year of direct patient care nursing experience that corresponds to the area they are teaching. For medical/surgical, geriatric, pediatric, obstetrics, or mental health, acute care nursing experience (or serving as a clinical instructor in one of these clinical areas) within the last 5 years is required.
The University of San Francisco is located in the heart of one of the worlds most innovative and diverse cities, and is home to a vibrant academic community of students and faculty who achieve excellence in their fields. Its diverse student body enjoys direct access to faculty, small classes and outstanding opportunities in the city itself. USF is San Francisco's first university, and its Jesuit Catholic mission helps ignite a students passion for social justice and a desire to Change the World From Here. For more information, visit http://www.usfca.edu.
USF is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to affirmative action and to excellence through diversity. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities upon request.