Physics Teacher, Chinese High Schools, Dipont Education
Who We Are:
• Dipont operates international education Centers within existing Chinese high schools. These programs function as schools within schools. We deliver international curricula to Chinese students: Advanced Placement (AP), A-level (British curriculum) and International Baccalaureate (IB).
• We currently directly manage 24 international programs in many of the best high schools in China serving approximately 7,000 students.
• All of our students will go to university abroad; most of them in Top 100 schools. We have graduated nearly 30,000 to date.
• Dipont opened its first two independent K-12 schools in September 2018. A third K-12 school opens in 2020.
• Teaches up to 26 periods per week to AP/IB/A-level students according to curriculum subject specifications and guidelines set by Academic Quality Manager.
• Provides Center Principal with monthly teaching plans in line with the Scheme of Work (SOW) supplied by AQM.
• Continuous assessment and recording of grades.
• Writes periodic student reports
• Participates in meetings with parents.
• Proctors exams as per the arrangements made by CP.
• Advises Center Principal and AQM regarding own specialized subject resources required for students to optimize learning experience.
• Writes references for students and helps them to edit their Personal Statements for application to universities.
• Accepts other duties assigned to enhance the learning experience of the students and smooth functioning of the Center.
• Attends meetings and training sessions, which are considered necessary for staff development
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Bachelors’ degree or above, candidates with appropriate teaching qualifications are preferred;
• 2 years professional teaching experience;
• Patient, reliable, responsible, detailed-oriented;
• Good team player with excellent communication skills
• The students in our Centers will be some of the best students you will ever teach. The quality of students and the satisfaction of teaching them at a very high academic level is the most often cited positive experience by our teachers. If you are good at your job you will be admired and respected like you have never been before as a teacher.
• Our students forego the Chinese national college entrance exam and all will attend university outside of China, predominantly in the United Kingdom and the United States. We annually have students accepted to schools such as Cambridge, Oxford, Stanford, Penn, Duke, Cornell, and many other top schools.
• The combination of the competitive salary, housing allowance, no automobile ownership costs, and low cost of living provide the opportunity to save a sizable percentage of your salary.
• Experience China. China’s long and rich history, its energetic and engaging people, and the intriguing cultural differences make it a rewarding experience. Ease of transportation and ample vacation time make all of China, actually all of Asia, accessible to you.
Assistance With Settling in and Living in China:
• From the moment you sign your contract, local Dipont staff will help you with navigating the immigration process, finding a place to live, setting up utilities and many other life needs.
• The support you will receive is exceptional!
Salary, Benefits and Contract:
• Your first contract will be for two years with one-year contracts thereafter.
• Salaries are competitive based on qualifications and experience.
• International-quality health insurance is provided.
• Your initial flight to China will be reimbursed.
• You receive one round-trip flight per academic year during the first two-year contract. In the third and subsequent years, you will receive two round trip flights, in most Centers.
• A housing allowance is provided, which will cover a comfortable two or three bedroom apartment close to your school.
• There is a re-signing bonus