Adjunct Lecturer, Spanish (Pooled Posting)
Job Description Summary
The Modern Languages Department at Bentley University is accepting applications to build a pool of instructors for possible future part-time Adjunct Lecturer, Spanish assignments. The department chairperson will review applications as vacancies become available.
• Teach Spanish Basic and Intermediate courses (MLSP101, MLSP102, MLSP201, and MLSP202).
• Create an effective classroom environment that fosters student's curiosities and abilities to practice their language skills.
• Delivers course content that meets learning outcomes and encourage student's active participation in the classroom and beyond.
• Promote the study of languages.
• Collaborate in the development and continued assessment of learning outcomes for use in program reviews and curriculum revision.
• Hold office hours.
MA required. Native or near-native competency in Spanish is required.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.