Adjunct Instructor, Healthcare Administration
Contact Human Resources
Lincoln Memorial University GRADUATE BUSINESS
Position Category: Adjunct
Job DescriptionThe Adjunct instructor shall have the primary responsibilities of teaching, undergraduate and graduate, on-ground and online courses. The adjunct instructor reports to the Department of Undergraduate or Graduate Programs Chairperson. Adjunct faculty members must have knowledge of instructional strategies and techniques appropriate to effective graduate teaching. Adjuncts are expected to have knowledge of ways to instruct, manage, motivate and evaluate students and do the following: Teach and graduate courses, invest in students, participate in institution activities as appropriate, involve students in research or professional experience as appropriate, Utilize a learning management system, especially Blackboard.
Required Qualifications*A Healthcare Administration, MD, D.O., Ph.D./doctorate in the appropriate healthcare administration, nursing home administrator discipline, as required by the teaching assignment or other equivalent degree; *Demonstrated effective practical or graduate and undergraduate teaching through a regionally accredited institution.
Preferred Qualifications*One year of teaching experience in higher education equivalent. *Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives, and the general public in a professional manner.
Posting Number: F00074P
Job Open Date: 10/08/2019
Job Close Date: 11/30/2019
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions Summary#RPM
About the InstitutionLincoln Memorial University is a values-based learning community dedicated to providing educational experiences in the liberal arts and professional studies. The main campus is located in Harrogate, Tennessee. For more information about employment opportunities, contact the Office of Human Resources at 423-869-7112 or email@example.com.
AA/EEO StatementLincoln Memorial University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action education institution. Lincoln Memorial University prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in all University programs and activities.
Background Check StatementThe University will conduct criminal background checks on all employees. Background checks may include but are not limited to confirmation of the individual's identity, credit information, motor vehicle driving record, review of an individual's criminal conviction record (if any), verification of any license, and certificate or degree required for the position.
- Assigned to teach any of the MBA Healthcare Administration concentration courses, Bachelor of Business Administration Nursing Home Administrator concentration courses, Bachelor of Business Administration Nursing Home Administrator - Administrator-In-Training concentration, Graduate Nursing Home Administrator - Administrator-In-Training Certificate, or other Healthcare related undergraduate or graduate courses as assigned by the Undergraduate or Graduate Chairperson or Dean;
- Promote the mission of Lincoln Memorial University to faculty, staff, students, and the community;
- Promote effective working relationships among faculty, staff and students;
- Provide course and classroom management as outlined in the Faculty-Staff Policy Manual, Organize and deliver course content to promote student knowledge and conceptual skills;
- Define and create objective and project-level assessments for student learning;
- Originate and maintain material into Blackboard, Maintain accurate and accountable student progress records; and Participate in adjunct faculty evaluation.
Lincoln Memorial University
Lincoln Memorial University
Online App. Form: