Instructional Assistant Professor of Psychology, Non-Tenure Track, August 2020
Chapman University’s Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences Department of Psychology seeks applications for TWO (2) non-tenure track full-time Instructional Assistant Professors of Psychology, beginning August 2020.
Faculty members with a strong interest in teaching Research Methods in Psychology, Advanced Research Methods, and courses in their expertise area, are particularly encouraged to apply. The departmental Research Methods course involves students designing and conducting experimental or correlational studies, analyzing the results, and presenting the findings through an APA-style manuscript and conference-style poster presentation. The department also offers an advanced research methods course for students interested in developing more in-depth research or data-analytic skills.
Faculty members with a strong interest in teaching Research Methods in Psychology, Advanced Research Methods, and courses in their expertise area, are particularly encouraged to apply.
A Ph.D. in Psychology or related field is required. Experience teaching psychology at the university level is required.
Evidence of past or potential excellence in teaching psychology courses, particularly Research Methods, is preferred. Experience and potential for excellence in supervising undergraduate research projects is preferred. Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills are preferred.
The successful candidates will teach Research Methods lectures and lab courses in the Psychology department, along with courses in their expertise area. The candidates will engage in departmental and university service (e.g., advising, serving on departmental or university committees).
The two positions differ as follows:
1) One faculty position is RENEWABLE based on performance, departmental needs, and funding availability. Initial contracts are typically two years, and renewed contracts currently occur at two to five year intervals. Full-Time Instructional faculty in renewable lines at Chapman play critical roles in the program for teaching, pedagogy, advising, and service; have the opportunity for promotion to associate and full professor; and have full votes on matters of faculty governance at both program and college level.
2) The second position is currently scheduled as a NON-RENEWABLE one-year position.
Qualified candidates are invited to electronically submit in PDF format:
1) Chapman University Faculty Employment Application
2) Cover letter detailing qualifications related to the position description and which position(s) you wish to be considered for (renewable, non-renewable, or both).
3) Curriculum Vitae
4) Teaching Philosophy Statement (including experience/strategies for teaching diverse populations and enhancing student understanding of diversity).
5) Recent Student Teaching Evaluations (3+), ideally with quantitative ratings and qualitative comments
6) Evidence of teaching style and effectiveness (e.g., course syllabi, course lectures, lecture notes, peer evaluations, course assignments, student research projects)
7) Contact information for three professional references
Please address materials to:
David Frederick, Ph.D., Search Committee Chair
c/o Academic Jobs Online at https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14942
Inquiries may be directed to Christine Dumaual (email@example.com). Please use “NTT Psychology Position” as the email subject line.
Application review will begin December 1, 2019. The position is effective Fall, 2020. Salary is competitive and based on credentials and experience. Successful completion of a background check is required for the final candidate. Positions are subject to final budget approval.