Faculty (Adjunct) - Business
Contact Human Resources
Santa Rosa Junior College
Opening Date/Time: Mon. 09/30/19 12:00 AM Pacific Time
Closing Date/Time: Continuous
Salary: Depends on Qualifications
Job Type: Adjunct
Location: SRJC Multi-Site, Sonoma County, California
ADJUNCT POOL DESCRIPTION:
Santa Rosa Junior College is currently accepting applications to establish a pool for adjunct teaching assignments. Adjunct teaching assignments may be temporary, part-time and/or on-call and may be immediate or as needed. This job posting is not for a specific assignment or for a full-time faculty position.
Candidates selected for the pool and offered an assignment must be located near enough to the District or plan on moving near the District to accept part-time, substitute or emergency assignments. Candidates who are recommended for the pool after committee interviews will only be added to the pool for disciplines interviewed and qualified for (not necessarily all disciplines included in this job posting where multiple disciplines are listed). Assignments could involve full or partial assignment at any of the District's sites or off-campus locations, and could involve any combination of day or evening classes, with office hours being mandatory.
Applications are accepted for adjunct faculty pools on a continuous basis. If the department has an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, they will review applications. If the department does not have an immediate need to add candidates to their pool, all applications will remain on file until the need arises or up to one year. If selected for interview, candidates will be invited to interview with a Screening Committee. The Screening Committee may include representatives from the Faculty, the Administration, the Classified Staff, the Associated Students, and the Board of Trustees. If recommended for the pool, references will be checked at any point beyond the interview. If selected for the pool, candidates remain in the pool for a period of four years.
We are seeking instructors for inclusion in a pool who have the ability to teach in one or more of the following areas:
- Business Administration
- Business Communication
- Business Law
- Business Math
- Customer Service Skills
- Enrolled Agent
- Human Resources
- International Business
- Legal Procedures
- Office Management*
- Office Services*
- Paralegal Studies
- Real Estate*
The Business Department of Santa Rosa Junior College is seeking a pool of qualified candidates with demonstrated instructional skills to join an outstanding team of faculty and administrators to provide high quality programs and services to our district, our community, and most importantly to our students.
The Business Department offers lower division transfer and occupational courses in the areas of Accounting, Business as a social and economic institution, International Business, Hospitality, Human Resources Management, Management, Marketing, Office Procedures, Paralegal Studies, Small Business Management, and Real Estate. The Department offers courses in several locations during the day, evenings, and on weekends.
Examples of Duties:
Adjunct faculty are responsible for maintaining currency in their field(s) of expertise. Adjunct faculty focus primarily on providing instruction and/or student services. They may be required to participate in student learning outcomes assessment. Adjunct faculty are typically not required to participate in District or Department Service such as committee work, evaluations, and hiring committees, but may be asked to perform these services for additional compensation.
Required for Accounting:
Master's Degree in Accountancy or Business Administration with Accounting concentration; OR Bachelor's Degree in Business with Accounting emphasis or Business Administration with Accounting emphasis or Economics with an Accounting emphasis; AND Master's Degree in Business, Business Administration, Business Education; Economics; Taxation or Finance; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Accounting, Income Tax, Auditing, Comptrollership, Tax Accounting. A Bachelor's degree in Accountancy or Business Administration with Accounting concentration, with a CPA license is an alternative qualification for this discipline.
Preferred for Accounting:
- Certified Public Accountant License
Required for Business Administration:
Master's in Business, Business Management, Business Administration, Accountancy, Finance, Marketing, or Business Education OR Bachelor's in any of the previous areas AND Master's in Economics, Personnel Management, Public Administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR Bachelor's in Economics with a Business emphasis AND Master's in Personnel Management, Public Administration, or JD or LL.B. degree OR the equivalent OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Business Management, Personnel Management, or Business Administration.
Required for Bookkeeping, Business Communication, Business Math, Customer Service Skills, Entrepreneurship, Hospitality, Human Resources, Insurance Procedures, Legal Procedures, Office Procedures, Office Management, Paralegal Studies, and Real Estate:
Bachelor's degree AND two years full-time (or part-time equivalent) of related experience; OR an Associate's degree AND six years full-time (or part-time equivalent) of related experience; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Business and Industrial Management (Small Business Management and Human Resources), Hotel and Motel Services (Hospitality), Office Services and Related Technologies (Bookkeeping, Business Communication, Business Math, Customer Service Skills, Insurance Procedures, Legal Procedures, Office Procedures/Office Management, Paralegal Studies, and Real Estate (Real Estate).
Preferred for Human Resources:
- HR Certification from SHRM or HRCI
Preferred for Real Estate:
- Real Estate License
Required for Management:
Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Business Education, Marketing, Public Administration, or Finance; OR Bachelor's degree in any of the previous areas AND Master's Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Taxation, or Law; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Business and Industrial Management.
Required for Marketing:
Master's Degree in Business Administration, Business Management, Business Education, Marketing, Advertising, or Finance; OR Bachelor's degree in any of the above AND Master's Degree in Economics, Accountancy, Taxation, or Law; OR the equivalent; OR a fully satisfied (Life) California Community College Instructor's Credential in Marketing.
Required for all areas: A sensitivity to, and understanding of, the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students.
Preferred for all areas:
Additional consideration will be given to those candidates who meet one or more of the following:
- Ability to teach a variety of business courses as demonstrated by professional experience in the field or prior teaching experience.
- Demonstrated history of employment in both business and education.
- Creative and innovative approaches to teaching and student learning.
- Ability and experience in working on committees.
- Depth of post-secondary teaching experience, specifically with community college students.
- Experience in developing online courses with a focus on student learning.
- Ability to or experience in coordinating educational programs such as Business Office Technology, Entrepreneurship, or Paralegal.
- Integration of technology and soft skills in curriculum.
- Recent industry experience.
- Ability to teach in multiple business disciplines.
If you do not possess the minimum qualifications, exactly as listed above, you must file for equivalency. If claiming equivalency, applicants are responsible for documenting all course work, degree programs and related professional experience at the time of application.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
In order to be consideration for this pool, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A completed Santa Rosa Junior College Employment Application and responses to Agency-wide Questions. It is important that your application reflect all of your relevant education and experience, including academic and non-academic employment history. Please note that your resume is not a substitute for completing the "Work Experience" section of the employment application. Applications will be rejected if no work experience is listed, or if other required application fields are missing or incomplete.
- Please provide contact information (phone number and email address) for three professional references.
- If you do not meet the minimum qualifications exactly as stated, including if you are in the final semester of a required degree program, you must complete and attach the Equivalency Application and supporting documents, including narrative synopsis. Faculty/Adjunct Faculty Equivalency Application(Download PDF reader) Information on SRJC Faculty Equivalency Procedures can be found at Board Policy 4.3.2bP.
- A brief cover letter explaining your interest in the pool, including how you meet the requirements and are qualified to perform the duties as listed in the "Examples of Duties" section of this job announcement. Please specify the top three disciplines that you are qualified to teach in.
- Current Resume.
- Provide a 500-word response to the diversity prompt below:
Please provide two or three examples of your ideas and/or experiences in creating, modifying, and/or performing one or more of the following to meet the needs of a diverse student population:
- Learning activities;
- Teaching/counseling practices;
- Educational Resources;
- Training, background, coursework and/or professional development;
- Program Development
7. Transcripts of all college level course work, including confirmation of degrees. Unofficial copies (both sides) are acceptable if the unofficial document includes a seal, watermark, or other proof that the document was provided by an educational institution. Official transcripts must be submitted prior to hiring. If transcripts are from an institution outside of the United States, applicants must provide a formal evaluation of their foreign degree(s) at the time of application. Contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
8. If applicable, copy of California Community College Credential (both sides).
9. For accounting courses: If applicable, copy of Certified Public Accountant License.
PLEASE SUBMIT ONLY MATERIALS REQUESTED.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Starting Hourly Rate: Please see our hourly salary schedules online at https://hr.santarosa.edu/salary-schedules or contact the Human Resources Department for more information.
- For Unit A (AFA) Faculty, salary placement may be based on academic background, vocational experience, and teaching experience depending on discipline and as documented in application materials. Initial Step placement will be at Step 1 pending evaluation of experience as outlined in Article 27 of the AFA Contract (http://www.santarosa.edu/afa/contract.shtml).
- Sick Leave Accrual: Adjunct faculty members accrue sick leave on a pro-rated basis.
All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
Santa Rosa Junior College does not reimburse candidates for expenses related to adjunct faculty interviews. Requests for video-conference or other accommodations will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
If you are in need of special services or facilities due to a disability in order to apply or interview for this opening, please contact the Human Resources Department.
MORE ABOUT SRJC HUMAN RESOURCES
PHYSICAL ADDRESS: 1988 Armory Drive
MAILING ADDRESS: 1501 Mendocino Avenue, Santa Rosa, CA 95401
PHONE: (707) 527-4954
FAX: (707) 527-4967
The office is located in the Button Building on the Santa Rosa campus. All documents included in your online employment application become the property of the District. Your employment application for this opening will not automatically be considered for future openings. New employment application(s) must be submitted for each opening.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT (Prior to beginning employment):
- In accordance with Federal Law all employees must provide proof of eligibility to work in the United States;
- Must be fingerprinted in California and have background clearance (at applicant's expense); and
- Must take a TB test (once hired and every four years thereafter).