Visiting Assistant Professor/Poet
The Adelphi University Department of English seeks a published poet to serve as a Visiting Assistant Professor for the spring semester 2020 (beginning January 27th) through the academic year 2020-21. The candidate should be eager to teach a varied curriculum to a diverse student population.
• The successful candidate will teach classes in contemporary literature, and will instruct both in the multi-genre MFA program and in the undergraduate major.
• Ability to teach the MFA class “Teaching Writing” is desirable.
• Course load is 18 credits (3-3) for the academic year including appropriate departmental responsibilities.
• The Department seeks a published poet, a chapbook or collection is desirable.
• College teaching experience at the MFA level is desirable.
• Possess an interest in creative writing pedagogy.
• Ability to teach contemporary literature, as well as a commitment to literary citizenship, a record of engagement in literary readings, seminars, etc. is desirable.
Applicants should submit a curriculum vitae, a cover letter that includes a separate paragraph detailing how diversity figures into your past, present, and future teaching and writing, a writing sample, and a list of references.
• To be considered, applications must be submitted through the Adelphi website only.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/1612593